CZ 452 bedding

nicholiath

I've never heard of someone trying to bed a cz452.

Do not try this, it's so wrong. The gun won't benefit from it, the only advice I can offer is if you use a moderator or a bipod and zero the rifle, leave these items on every time you shoot, changing them or removing them will change the barrel harmonics and zero will change, as will if you change from prone using the bipod to kneeling without it etc.

The only thing I would do is lighten the trigger pull, I used to bring in trigger kits from Eric Brooke's from over the pond for this.

Barrel length is personal and some versions available in 14", though I preferred a barrel recrowned and threaded to 15" worked best.

Chiefy

Yes you can bed the rear tang and the front screw area, the real benefit comes with badly made stocks that fit poorly if you've got a good tight fitting stock there's limited point.

Can't help agreeing with welshwarrior and others here, yes you can but I suspect only a tiny % with benefit.

If you are not familiar with the process the odds are you will be worse after than before.

Why are you considering bedding?

When glass bedding a cz 452 with sporter barrel is it worth bedding the rear tang as it alreeady has a pillar of sorts?

If your CZ is shooting really well now, I'd be cautious about trying a bedding job which won't see a massive return on a rimfire. With that said, I enjoy tinkering and I like it when other people do too, so have a look over at the "rimfire central" forum in the "CZ" section and you'll find a few write-ups about how to bed the 452 action, if you haven't already done it. My 452 American action is bedded, barrel free-floated and timney trigger installed. It's unnecessarily accurate with eley sub HP's for hunting and with eley match ammo at the range, I don't think I could ever do it justice.

My 452 .22lr varmint has a screw lug half way down the barrel however my 452 .17hmr varmint had both screws on the action and I managed to bed that easily enough, the rifle was a bitter sweet experience, I found the bedding did little and found the main problem was down a loose baffle in the mod, feeding the right diet was a nightmare so history now as have a hornet, my next bedding project.