Earthmoving operators

la bala

1976 Drott B100/Ford Ole-o-mat 360, John Deere 450 hydroshift

1977 Cat 955L

1978 Cat 951 A

1980 Cat 941B,Case 1150c

1984 Cat 943

1988-2005 Komatsu, Cat, Poclain 360 degree excavators all different sizes from 6 ton to 40 ton.

2005 - got out of saddle.........and if I ever see another one it will be too soon !!!!!!!!!

Cat 951a, donkey start. :good:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

starting on the far corner of the formation of the platform......

it ended up being the largest distribution centre in europe.........i wonder if it is still standing ?

i will try and ferret out some pics from my wild days when i blew the top of a mountain off on a thursday in Tanzania

cause i had to use all the sweating explosive before it became too iffy to handle....and some wally left a "poxy moxy" near the blast zone and blew it onto a road 60m away...........those were the days ehh !....the lads back in the office 60k away heard it go off....it was a heck of a bang...

post-11401-0-04932300-1447270394_thumb.jpg

I only just remember seeing the walking dragline at Corby in the 1980's.

Now that was a piece of machinery. As a five-year-old, I thought it was the most terrifying thing I'd ever seem.

LS

didn't they walk it their I remember my dad telling me about it was it cut up in the end

P.s. We have a Jcb3c2 and a Hymac 580c at home too

Edited by 796

didn't they walk it their I remember my dad telling me about it was it cut up in the end

Google/Wiki reckon it was scrapped in '87, and the cab is mouldering in a museum in Rutland.

Couldn't find any footage of it walking though. They say it did 13 miles at 1/10th mile an hour to get to Corby from its previous location.

LS

Google/Wiki reckon it was scrapped in '87, and the cab is mouldering in a museum in Rutland.

Couldn't find any footage of it walking though. They say it did 13 miles at 1/10th mile an hour to get to Corby from its previous location.

LS

Ah right I remember being told it came through colsterworth and that area and i would say the cab is at rocks by rail at Cottesmore

Euclid R25+35 Cat951/61 Plus a lot more. Still at it on Cat 980

Terex 7251+41 Volvo A25/30/35

Cat988 Bell 40

22RB Terex 40

NCK305 Cat 360

Cat 977 Komatsu 360

Doosan 360

Samsung 360

Spent 6 months driving a 988 loading Terex R35S and Belaz 35 tonners. The hours were 6am-9pm Mon-Frid, 6am-1pm Sat, 8am-4pm Sun. Great days.

starting on the far corner of the formation of the platform......

it ended up being the largest distribution centre in europe.........i wonder if it is still standing ?

i will try and ferret out some pics from my wild days when i blew the top of a mountain off on a thursday in Tanzania

cause i had to use all the sweating explosive before it became too iffy to handle....and some wally left a "poxy moxy" near the blast zone and blew it onto a road 60m away...........those were the days ehh !....the lads back in the office 60k away heard it go off....it was a heck of a bang...

Nice contract there ditchman :good:

I can't compete with you big boys, but this is my own 2.8 komatsu clearing the snow we had back in 2013.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=44d3e2fd1c0b05be5287bc1d18644021&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=324441&p=2938623&md5check=e25f0a04ebff9ac0f2a5a20b2aad7eca&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,GWXU8x56CBQ');//]]></script> 531691_10152669416430357_868572714_n_zps&&0

snow003_zpspcimabeq.jpg

I haven't used any of the big stuff, but have moved a fair amount in the past when I was on the heavy haulage.

Much easier than one of those orange plastic snow shovels :good: