Anyone here shoot a 6x45?

Hey guys.

The boredom has set in once again and I'm after another gun. I'm looking at building something on a .223 action and the 6x45 looks interesting. It will be a long range bunny and foxing rifle that I want to cut down very short. At present I step from a .17 Hornet to a 6.5x55, and I could do with a .22cf or something with similar performance.

If you own one, how do you get on with it? If you don't own one, what do you think of the idea?

I'm pretty set on 6x45, just because it uses .223 brass. The x47 is faster but the brass is harder to find.

Don't even talk to me about the mog Malk. It's leaking gearbox oil down the torque tubes, through the diff, through the portals and onto the floor. I've got some work to do on the seals I think! And every bit I need to take of weighs more than I do!

chap on SD doing a 6x45 on a sako action

6x47 based on rem mag brass can be tricky to source components for and I am not sure it will be significantly better than one based on .223 brass

sounds like a lovely round

nice fast twist barrel and all of a sudden you are able to shoot some pretty heavy lumps

I have a bit of a thing for Sako actions since I got mine. I used to think that they were just tarted up Tikkas but now I actually own and shoot one I know there's more in it than that.

I've backed off of this idea a bit for now. Decided to put another new barrel on my Hornet as a priority because that case really is what I enjoy playing with. I've had a .17 Ackley and a Hornady, and of course the standard .22. I'm now in talks with my smith about fitting it out in .22K. I want to push the action past 10,000 rounds and I don't have far to go.