Fox Control Book by Sean Frain

Oly

As ever I'm eternally on the look out for ways to improve my knowledge in the field :D Furthermore I could do with another book to read, and I always like adding to the library.

Just wondering if anyone can give me a review of the above book - I'm after a fox shooting book and this looked like it would fit the bill - however the review on amazon certainly does it no favours, but it's only one review.

http://amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/1904057810/ref=...;pf_rd_i=468294

Cheers,

Oly.

I got a copy also, save your money. You'll get more and better info on foxing on this and other websites for free and you can interact with those giving you the information. Can't remember anything about my copy, read it once and lent it out ages back, so that's as memorable and valuable it was to me.

If you do decide to go ahead and buy it, get it as cheap as you can second hand :)

I've got a copy of foxing with lamp and rifle on order from Amazon but they keep delaying it on me :D I get the feeling they're gonna cancel it eventually, **** :good:

I wrote a review for Amazon - and for some reason it never appeared. I agree (mostly) with the review that is on there. Sean Frain is not a shooter but hunts with dogs and does not know much about shooting.

Buy the Robert Bucknell book - three times the price but one hundred times the value. And I've been hunting for a secondhand copy on e-bay for three months. The last one went for £36 + postage - more than the new ones. Ridiculous or what? But that's e-bay!

Buy a new one - you won't regret it. They are not especially well bound - and SH copies fall to pieces - but the content is brilliant.

B

• 3 years later...

I got this FREE on some daft book club offer about 3-4 years ago (No, I don't do book clubs), but even then I considered sending it back for a refund. :yes::yes::yes::lol::lol::lol:

Edit

The pic on the front is the only thing colour, all the other pictures in the book are B/W and look 30 years old (despite the fact the book was first published in 2006). The few line drawings are not helpful. Even if you were totally new to foxing I struggle to believe you will learn anything from this!

Edited by Dekers