Started stock

winnie&bezza

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

winnie the little circle looks like it could be a dab of glue that might have been used to stick the wood on the bottom of the grip part, I did a table and exactly the same thing happened when I put a stain on, the glue has basically sealed the wood and would not let the stain soak in,

it looks great mate, well done,

atb Evo

I use a lot of coloured soft waxes for any woodwork I do. But I've seen the pens. The French polisher I watched used a artists brush and tints in pots.

Its very interesting and some of its simple. It's a lovely feeling when you make a cock up disappear.

What glue are you using ?

I used titebond 3 to stick the ebony cap on.

Its very interesting and some of its simple. It's a lovely feeling when you make a cock up disappear.

I used titebond 3 to stick the ebony cap on.

is that like mitre fix ?

Just googled it. Says unaffected by finishes lol.

We use sovereign chemicals pu glue. It stains 100% and is soooo easy to use.

£5 a tube if you'd like to try some I could post it;)

Edited by team tractor

Do you think it would be possible to turn a break barrel into a bullpup? I'm getting ideas for a future project and you've inspired me to want to make a new stock but I want to try something different

I've tried YouTube and Google and I can't find much useful

You can but the fore part of the stock has to be fully slotted to allow the barrel to break. You need to make a linkage for the trigger and fit a scope rail adapter for forward mounting. Remember seeing some done in the eighties when the SA80 mod rifle was issued Bullpups became the in thing.

Edited by figgy

Same here but it's definitely a spanner in the works, the barrel would not only want to have its breech where the scope is mounted but also pass through the trigger, and I would only assume having the trigger offset may affect the accuracy during the pull.

I don't know, I might pick up an old springer from the market one day cheap and take it all to pieces and get my sketch book out amd have a play about

I will be sure to keep you all informed and if anyone has any advice or input please let me know, any help is welcome!

It might be a side lever job in the end

Edited by ASunnyD

You can buy a scope mounting rail for Bullpups have s look online at Bullpup stocks.

The linkage is easy it's only a bar and clamp from one trigger to the other.

The main limiting factor is your scope can only go forward to the point where you need enough room to load the breech when the barrel is broken.

Supposed they would be classed as semi Bullpup by today's pcp guns. Something around the Compatto will be what you can achieve.

You can find the linkages you need on cars on fuel systems and turbo actuators, just cut and alter to suit your needs.

I use to love a eighties Bullpup for ease of carry and balance but cocking can be more difficult without that longer sporter stock for leverage.

If you do go ahead with it keep us posted with pics and write ups, be great to see your build develop.

Been racking my brain trying to remember how the hot round the scope issue, sure I saw a twisting scope mount to allow cocking and loading.

The way I would go and this may have been done back in late eighties is to find a strong scope rail and drill it to mount onto where the rear open sights were mounted on the breech of the barrel. You would then get the Bullpup short enough to look right.

Sorry for straying off topic

Replying to others.

Edited by figgy

You can buy a scope mounting rail for Bullpups have s look online at Bullpup stocks.

The linkage is easy it's only a bar and clamp from one trigger to the other.

The main limiting factor is your scope can only go forward to the point where you need enough room to load the breech when the barrel is broken.

Supposed they would be classed as semi Bullpup by today's pcp guns. Something around the Compatto will be what you can achieve.

You can find the linkages you need on cars on fuel systems and turbo actuators, just cut and alter to suit your needs.

I use to love a eighties Bullpup for ease of carry and balance but cocking can be more difficult without that longer sporter stock for leverage.

If you do go ahead with it keep us posted with pics and write ups, be great to see your build develop.

Been racking my brain trying to remember how the hot round the scope issue, sure I saw a twisting scope mount to allow cocking and loading.

The way I would go and this may have been done back in late eighties is to find a strong scope rail and drill it to mount onto where the rear open sights were mounted on the breech of the barrel. You would then get the Bullpup short enough to look right.

Sorry for straying off topic

Replying to others.

No worries figgy, doesn't bother me mate.

Sunny it should be the same as with modern pcp Bullpups linkage as the trigger is same whether twanger or pcp.

It's a long bar with a clamp to the original trigger blade and link to whatever trigger you make or mount in your stock.

Edited by figgy