First trip out for some pinks

hatsanmad

Me and my mate set out early doors this morn in hope of a couple of pinks arrived at location for 5:00 am half hour walk we were in are chosen spot settled the dog.

Within 15 mins had a small group of wigeon come over only fired the one shot and missed. A little later had a few mallard moving i shot 3 mallard hens and my mate got 3 two hens and a drake.

Then that magical sound started ringing out wink wink sound but we couldnt see them then low and behold a skien of around 16-18 appeared but way to high there was a nice steady flow of them moving for a good 20mins but all to high to shoot at.

Then quitness. I had a pack of teal come to me 2 shots and only the one dropped.

After a hour or so just watching the skys a skien appeared bout 8 in it moving wide so a quick call had them turn so got low and waited they were in range up i jumped 2 shots and two geese down then my mate shot 2 shots one down with are shots going off we disturbed some birds that had snook in behind us so quickly reloaded the auto bang, bang, bang another two down from me and my mate also got two.

With this decided we had more then enough for this outing so packed up and walked back.

Was made up with the outing. More so because i shot all my birds with my homeloads which felt more rewarding.

All the best guys happy new year everyone good luck for 2016.

Regards hatsan