40gn .223 ammunition

Never knew this! Would that count if it was payment in kind too? Like hire or reward. I couldn't pay you to reload for me but I could give you £50's worth of red wine for X many rounds.

Sticky ground. ....part of the reason for the law is to make sure ALL commercially available ammunition has been tested as safe...

It's not the "sale" that's the issue....it's the item offered for sale not having passed a CIP Proof

Haopy to give lessons if I was closer...it's a good part of the hobby in itself

This may help, I think the industry prefer us to be ignorant of the law !

c. cartridges loaded or reloaded in small quantities for personal use or, free of charge, for the use of friends. Such cartridges shall not bear the C.I.P. mark of inspection and shall not be subject to C.I.P. provisions. They may however, if national legislation so permits, circulate within the Member States of the C.I.P. and be used there freely.

Full document is below above extract from page 26 from Birmingham proof house website. For cartridges read ammunition as per the full document.

http://www.gunproof.com/Proof_Memoranda/RULESOFP.PDF

It is this exemption above, that let's us reload at all, otherwise it would be illegal.

Now as I understand it the only sticky point is the definition of "small quantity" which has to the best of my knowledge never been legally defined i.e. Is .it 10,100, 1000, 10,000 etc.

Rb

Edited by rbrowning2

Quick search on the net hornady do 40g vmax factory ammo, not 100% sure but nozler may do them also. Best bet is to rin your local RFD's and ask, if they don't have any order them in. What rifle and twist rate are you using them for. Shot nozler 40G in my cz 527 1:9" twist and a mates cz527 1:12" twist they worked in both. But they where home loads. You can't beat factory 55g vmax or 55g hornady tap or 60g hornady tap in both rifles mentioned.

Pukka Bundhooks near Birtley

Bradford stalker.

Bagnalls.

Sunderland Mayfair range/club has an rfd attached (on Durham Road)

I think there is an rfd in So. Shields still

New one near millfield on the A68 near Wooler

If you get stuck I can swing by when next down that way.

my two regulars are bagnalls (only do 55"s) and Weldon,i get sako arrowheads 50gn from james,and my rifle shoots quite well with thm,but nowt like the 40"s I got from him,i could ask him when I go to pick up my new trousers next week I suppose,thanks though guys,been very helpful

Winchester, remington, ppu,sako,nozler.have you tried any of those. Ppu is poo in mine. 55g vmax factory loads for fox,55g ppu for muntjac and Im homloading 52g amax for target and trying others at the moment. Stick at it you may find somthing that shoots.

I have found something mate,just cant get them lol

It's worth it.the first time you pull the trigger on your Homeloads you will shut your eyes and brace yourself. Then work out its safe

£25 for a loader £35 for powder £15-£25 for 100 heads £4 for 100 primers and away you go. I used 52g amax, ccibr primers,ppu brass and Hodgdon blc2 in my 223.£80 and you have 100 rounds of whatever you desire.