Shotgun Laser Bore sighter

Harry136

Bought one of these today, works as well as doing a pattern plate, which I have already done. One word of warning though they only seem to work in a S/A shotgun. They don't work in a O/U as the material on the lip is too thick, so for them to work in an O/U you need to sand off 1mm of brass from the cap.

Im not saying it replaces patterning, but if you have a lot of adjustment to do and cant get to a shotgun club, it does a reasonable job. My shotgun is just off to the left, the laser dot is just off to the left. Once it is on target I will pattern plate again. Its not the paint that is the issue, the rear plate is too thick to close the gun with it in, there is no paint on the rear of the bore sighter.

How do you know its lined up straight along the barrel, I brought one and it reflected along the barrel, opened the gun and turned 90 degrees and spot had moved and so on around 360 degrees. Obviously the laser was not lined up correct either inside or base was distorted.

A lot of room to be ok in a room but out at say 40 metres

We had a very expensive and accurate optical bore scope when in the navy but that was for 4.5 inch gun and no expense spared but not much use for a 12g

I got one as a Christmas present and it fits in the O/U and SBS nicely. You probably got one with a bit too much paint on it to fit in your gun.

They are good to get a quick idea of how well your gun fits- does the gun point where you are looking, but doesn't replace patterning.

So which model do you have? because wherever I look, I see the same report of 'too thick for gun' -- wether it's amazon, aliexpress or now here....