plumbing call out !!

vampire

So this is how it went.

Early sunday morning there is a knock on the door,blirry eyed on opening the door its a woman from down the road,she says 'we have a tap that's making a noise,could you come and look :hmm: ',so told her would be down in a while.

So,i drive the 100yrds :yes: and the guy lets me in,'i have tried everything' he says.Well,i think you have air in the system.

He takes me to the en-suite,where the taps are turned off,but there is a resonating noise coming from the basin taps.i turn them back on and they splutter :good: air lock :yahoo: but they continue to make the noise,so I open bath taps and go through whole house opening taps and at the boiler I notice its making a noise and its low pressure,so top it up and the noise stops :rolleyes:

Reversing my route,i turn all taps off and end up back in the en-suite followed by mr and mrs home owner,full of confidence I turn off the basin taps and :/ they still vibrating :unhappy: stumped on what it could be I lean over the basin in despair,what the could it be,i hold the tap and thinking gonna have to admit I failed,then at the back of the basin I spot a tooth brush vibrating in a mug,i pull it out and the noise stops. :yahoo::yahoo:

She had left it running,he was not amused :mad:

Some very embarrassed neighbours,who now want me to do various jobs to add to the bill. :big_boss:

:lol: My dads had similar when a women thought she had something stuck in the walls/loft. long story short it turned out to be an old walkman that had come to the end of the tape and instead of clicking off it kept squeaking. The Wife said put anything down on the bill bit dont tell the husband what it was :lol:

So this is how it went.

Early sunday morning there is a knock on the door,blirry eyed on opening the door its a woman from down the road,she says 'we have a tap that's making a noise,could you come and look :hmm: ',so told her would be down in a while.

So,i drive the 100yrds :yes: and the guy lets me in,'i have tried everything' he says.Well,i think you have air in the system.

He takes me to the en-suite,where the taps are turned off,but there is a resonating noise coming from the basin taps.i turn them back on and they splutter :good: air lock :yahoo: but they continue to make the noise,so I open bath taps and go through whole house opening taps and at the boiler I notice its making a noise and its low pressure,so top it up and the noise stops :rolleyes:

Reversing my route,i turn all taps off and end up back in the en-suite followed by mr and mrs home owner,full of confidence I turn off the basin taps and :/ they still vibrating :unhappy: stumped on what it could be I lean over the basin in despair,what the could it be,i hold the tap and thinking gonna have to admit I failed,then at the back of the basin I spot a tooth brush vibrating in a mug,i pull it out and the noise stops. :yahoo::yahoo:

She had left it running,he was not amused :mad:

Some very embarrassed neighbours,who now want me to do various jobs to add to the bill. :big_boss:

Disappointing ending.

Could have been a more amusing vibrating item to add to the embarrassment

Edd

My friend is a mechanic and was telling me a while back that a car had come in where the woman was convinced that there was something broken and making a terrible noise whilst driving....

After a good look around, it turned out to be a empty coke can which would make a noise when the car vibrated against it.

My mate had a knocking noise every now and then when he went round corners in his Navara. After a week of having people hanging out the window listening and going round corners slowly to recreate the noise he found the reason, a golf ball under the passenger seat. I had dropped it a while back and forgot about it !