Thin as rake!

Underdog

I should be!! Walked miles.

AM from first light with rifle after a fox I have seen.

Afternoon out with Jess and bendy barrel.

I called a fox in but the crafty thing dodged me, shame as at one point it was only 25yds away!

Never mind a couple of pheasants made up for it later, one was a grand speeding bird from a hedge bottom about 35yds away pushed by Jess. I flicked bendy barrel through and a leg came down and a good show of feather so I watched the bird climb and fly straight. At 100yds or so it faltered, at 120 it fell out the sky.

It was a Fiochhi 32g #6.

Earlier one of my dodgy reloads got stuck in the chamber, at £40 for the gun I was momentarily worried, I mean the knife I had on me was worth more! However I spotted a steel gate and with the gun disassembled a few taps on the ejector cocking dowel soon had the stuck case out :friends:

I think the pheasant season this year is around 22 birds, about the norm for me, a poor boy :)

SAM_1372_zpshqdmki42.jpg

U.

They always said you can knock posts in with a baikal , did the gate post move ?

You have had a decent season with the pheasants and have shot 22 more than me , I am hoping for one or two tomorrow though.

I hope you get a bird or two. You deserve it.

The gate unfortunately is now loose:-/

Nice job does jess flush and retrieve for you like a gundog would or do you have to retrieve your own.

No mate. I retrieve but she is there holding it down if it is a runner.

She does flush them though. Got a good nose for birds now.

I have not done any retrieving training. I am glad she tags along and hunts now, remember, at first she showed no interest at all!

U.

No mate. I retrieve but she is there holding it down if it is a runner.

She does flush them though. Got a good nose for birds now.

I have not done any retrieving training. I am glad she tags along and hunts now, remember, at first she showed no interest at all!

U.

At least she is doing a good job for you underdog,my Beddiexgreyhound dog doesnt like the bangs but im going to use my young bitch as a gundog as im toying with getting a lab if i get some more permission and do more neating next year.

At least she is doing a good job for you underdog,my Beddiexgreyhound dog doesnt like the bangs but im going to use my young bitch as a gundog as im toying with getting a lab if i get some more permission and do more neating next year.

Mine didna like bangs at first but I gave her no choice! Now its like a dinner bell sound to her!