World Sporting Championship

Catamong

In what was a re-run of last weekends Essex Masters, both Faulds & Digweed tied for High Gun at this event, in San Antonio Texas, returning 181 ex 200.

Faulds beat Digweed 20/17 in the shoot off.

The Americans won the team event, they are now pretty good at Sporting, which is becoming very popular in the States.

All the results are here:

http://www.wyshotgun.com/world.html

Cat.

Can't find anything about this on any of the UK sport or news websites. Shame really that having the top 2 at a world championship doesn't warrant a mention.

Cat, can you explain to me how the scoring works? Obviosly Faulds & Digweed were tied after 200 so they shot 20 to see who wins, I can't see how the other placings are given. The guy in 4th shot better over the 200 but lost it on the shoot off so even after beating the gut in 3rd over the main competition he loses out because of the shoot off?

Normally the top 6 go into a further 25 bird "Superfinal", these scores ex 25 are then added to the individual totals.

It looks like 8 people went intop the superfinal this time.

That's what happened in this case, apologies, I should have made that clear. B)

Look how well young Brett Winstanley shot, two 90's to return a 180, that's brilliant shooting, and he's only 16 years old..!! :oops::yes::yes:

It does help if your Daddy owns a shooting ground. :oops:

Cat.

Normally the top 6 go into a further 25 bird "Superfinal", these scores ex 25 are then added to the individual totals.

It looks like 8 people went intop the superfinal this time.

That's what happened in this case, apologies, I should have made that clear. :good:

Look how well young Brett Winstanley shot, two 90's to return a 180, that's brilliant shooting, and he's only 16 years old..!! :):lol::lol:

It does help if your Daddy owns a shooting ground. :good:

Cat.

I wish I had that at the moment lol

I popped along to the CPSA web site thinking, surely they must have a mention of this...

and surprise surprise, nothing.

But what I did see was this:

Welcome

to the website of the National Governing Body

for

Clay Target Shooting in England

Now, I thought we voted that silly name change away, or are they just going to use it as much as possible from now on to prove a point?

/Mad

It just goes to show how much the CPSA listen to their members, they will probably just keep using the word target until everyone just assumes it is the norm and then change it completely and noone will notice.

It is good to see the national body for clay target shooting is keeping up with current news though, Very well done to Boakes and the rest of his cronies.

I've just fired off an e-mail to BBC Sport asking about the lack coverage. :)

Although I expect it will because the place is run by left-wing liberal anti's with a downer on an elitist sport for the "bourgeois". :good:

Yeah, right! :good: