Vortex replacement from USA

activeviii

Has anyone sent there vortex scope back for repair/replacement. If so, what was the postage time?

Vortex, top company, can not fault them in anyway, bought a 223 and scope from someone, turned up to have knackered barrel end, knacker mod, and knackered scope, oh and rusting dies. Will not return an calls so lesson learnt and I will Street any else away from this sell if I see him selling.

Anyway, back to it.

Vortex have been great, after speaking to them they asked me to send scope back to them in the states, even though I was not the original purchaser, and the damaged had be cause with over tightening on scope rings, they said they would have a look at it. Within 24 hours of getting to them they had sorted the problem out and sent a replacement scope. First. Lass service. However. The tracking shows the parcel let them 19th Feb and was into UK costoms on 26th Feb and then cleared costoms then out for deliver on the 1st march. Nothing yet.

Question is, how long have others waited for their parcel from vortex.

Bought rifle January and still haven't been able to take it out.

It could be sitting with Parcel force waiting for an import duty/VAT payment from you and you haven't seen a notification yet (i.e. they are still processing). Go back to the person who issued the tracking update and they should be able to tell you where it is physically sitting.

thanks

rick

I did ask if it could go to Bentley at UK vortex but they wanted it out there. Shame as I was speaking to him about it at the bss after I had posted, and he said I should have just phone him.lol. oh well. It's good of them to replace it anyway and considering I wasn't the original purchaser I can't moan really.

More than anything I just wanted to know postal time from then to me.19 days so far

It's a warrenty repair so no tax as thats already paid once. So i hope they dont try that one

I have the tracking number for it and it cleared customs on the 1st February. Have mailed vortex so with luck something will happen soon.

They will charge it and you will have to pay it before you get the item. Then you have to dispute it back. I have had to do it for repairs, warranty replacement, and shipment of items I have owned for years.

Rick

thanks for that Rick

just been looking into it and it would appear that as the scope has been replaced i will have to pay VAT on it. bit of a joke really. why vortex uk couldnt sort it i dont know. they said they could but it was to late as it usa said to sent it to them.

this rifle and scope has been nothing but a money pit and left a real bitter taste in the mouth.