Canon DSLR camera and Lenses

Joshua1993

Good afternoon,

Having just started a photography course I am in the market to buy some Canon photography equipment since I previously sold all my equipment, here are a few ideas I have in mind:

Body: 60D, 7D MK II, 6D, 5D MK III. Anything around the mid-range except for an original Canon 7D, I would like to avoid this body.

Lenses: Anything of reasonable quality, I would consider L lenses depending on the price. I am not looking to buy standard kit lenses i.e. 18-55mm.

If you have anything reasonably priced please drop me a PM with the details so I get notified via email, otherwise I may miss your response.

Thanks

Edited by Joshua1993

HI there

a while back I was in your situation, and a friend gave me some advice which I would like to pass on to you.

Because canon lenses are very expensive , he told me to buy some tamron adaptall 2 manual lenses which I did.

I bought an SP90 with an extension piece basicley a portrait lens, and a 1;1 with the extension on. a 500mm mirror lens with 2x converter, and a SP300 prime lens. and various other standard lenses.

Because they were manual lenses I learned how to use them properly, and it helped me get through my first course with more understanding of light and balance shutter speeds etc.

I really enjoyed it and it is far more satisfying than just point and shoot [auto focus]

I now have a good selection of good quality canon lenses the best one being a 100-400 L series, and the knowhow to use it in manual mode to get different effects.

good luck with your search for them and enjoy the course.

Hi

I have a canon 600D, it's not on your list but it's a good camera to start out with and has done me proud.

I have an 18-135mm lens and 10-22 USM wide angle lens that I would sell with it. I have circular polarisers for both lenses including a B&W ksm nano polariser for the 10-22.

Below is the sort of photo it can take with a numpty like me twiddling a few buttons in manual

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Any reason you want to avoid the 7D? They are very capable cameras and can pick them up at decent prices now.

https://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/

I have both the 7D and 6D and each has their advantages and use them for different situations. Portraits / Landscapes etc the 6D will come out the bag. Action / Sports the 7D will be used.

Well I can see you have a very good eye for a picture my friend, I have a canon 500d it is a very good camera. I hope to upgrade it this year to a full frame camera if I can save enough dosh.

I don't think you will have too much trouble in passing your course.

I like the night shot and love the lake, it makes me want to get my fly rods out ;-]

Any reason you want to avoid the 7D? They are very capable cameras and can pick them up at decent prices now.

https://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/

I have both the 7D and 6D and each has their advantages and use them for different situations. Portraits / Landscapes etc the 6D will come out the bag. Action / Sports the 7D will be used.

I have to agree ,i have the 7d and it is very good, take a look at the two pics i just put in the pictures thread,and here is a landscape it took.

24768281350_943d8a1315_b.jpgIMG_7711 by robert marshall, on Flickr

Thank you everyone for all your responses.

I see a few of you may have equipment which I may be interested in buying. I will drop you a PM to find out more info.

Also thank you for the other suggestions, I am however only really looking for Canon equipment.

Regards,

Joshua

P.S They are some very nice photos you have uploaded :good: