42 gr winchester subs

One of the son in laws tried them in his Brno auto. Don't know the model number but the gun had problems with the tip of the bullet colliding with the top of the breech ramp because the tip is a bit more bull nose than a standard 40 grain. If you have any check the 42 against a 40 and you will see what I'm on about. The tip just caught and the round was really bent in the process. so I bought them off of him and he bought CCI. I now use them in my bolt action with no problems at all. Very accurate.

One of the son in laws tried them in his Brno auto. Don't know the model number but the gun had problems with the tip of the bullet colliding with the top of the breech ramp because the tip is a bit more bull nose than a standard 40 grain. If you have any check the 42 against a 40 and you will see what I'm on about. The tip just caught and the round was really bent in the process. so I bought them off of him and he bought CCI. I now use them in my bolt action with no problems at all. Very accurate.

Got a few 40s left, will check them. They going in bolt action anyway. Thanks

Thanks for your comments lads. This morning i gave the 452 a barrel clean and bolt strip down, the reason being, on the last 2 outings on rabbits i have missed a couple over the top. After printing off some targets from Mytargets.com i was off to one of my perms. The breeze was minimal and as i was below a bank no problem. I put a target out and pinged it at 50yds as this is the zero i use. I had brought along my last 40gr winchester subs and new to me some 42gr. I shot off twenty 40gr to foul the barrel and this showed the rifle was shooting 1 iinch high, which i had already expected. The groups were a bit ragged but getting better. Next up the 42gr, and as i had already been told on here they were zeroing just the same as the 40s. One thing i did notice straight away, they were noticably louder and although you cant really say a .22 has recoil, i can feel a difference through the rifle. I fired off a box of fifty 42gr and had 2 crackers. I finished up with 5 shot groups that would fit a £1 coin, I was still pulling one or two, down to the fact i have just fitted a new seat to the landy, and am now sitting 2 inches higher. My next project, to raise the rifle rest on the side of the landy. My overall opinion on the Winchester 42gr sub, I am not sold yet