price of clays going up?

nnorman32

I normally shoot @ parklodge as the member prices for clays are 22p but recently as others have mentioned there has been alot of stands out action, lots of no birds and the stands dont seem to change as often.

So last weekend we took a trip to Pinewood near Blyton.

Really enjoyed it. Good variety of stands, 1 no bird out of over 200 clays and well priced @ 24p for non members.

Was really suprised @ cartridges @ £4 a box...

Craig

I normally shoot @ parklodge as the member prices for clays are 22p but recently as others have mentioned there has been alot of stands out action, lots of no birds and the stands dont seem to change as often.

So last weekend we took a trip to Pinewood near Blyton.

Really enjoyed it. Good variety of stands, 1 no bird out of over 200 clays and well priced @ 24p for non members.

Was really suprised @ cartridges @ £4 a box...

Craig

Pinewood is an excellent ground. Alan doesn`t use any pickups.

Did you have a bash on the compak?

I think we only touched then sporting stands...from the carpark we went pass the toilets to the first stand on the track then went right past the lake right to the end where there were some really fast crossers in a field. Then we turned around and ended up at the other end where there were 2 traps off the cherry picker.

Really enjoyed it. Definately going again.

Dont think we did the other bit.

I think we only touched then sporting stands...from the carpark we went pass the toilets to the first stand on the track then went right past the lake right to the end where there were some really fast crossers in a field. Then we turned around and ended up at the other end where there were 2 traps off the cherry picker.

Really enjoyed it. Definately going again.

Dont think we did the other bit.

Haha funny, I mentioned those exact stands in the physical vs mental thread.

If you turn right when you come out of the cafe and go to the barn end that`s where the compak is. They run a standard and a hard version. The standard is a lot of fun, the hard version is seriously testing. On a Saturday you`ll usually find a few guys that have shot for England testing their skills on the hard version.

Haha funny, I mentioned those exact stands in the physical vs mental thread.

If you turn right when you come out of the cafe and go to the barn end that`s where the compak is. They run a standard and a hard version. The standard is a lot of fun, the hard version is seriously testing. On a Saturday you`ll usually find a few guys that have shot for England testing their skills on the hard version.

Hi ,do they use auto traps (with the counter ) or is it with trappers / scorers ?

Edited by Jega

Hello.

I usually shoot at Park Lodge near Goole,

As a member I pay 22p a clay rather than 30p for non members but I have heard this is going up in April, (25p/31p) - no big deal, but my question is how much does anyone pay in other grounds in North Yorkshire, The only other place I have been to is Monckton where you pay per cartridge but I hear good things about Thimbleby/ Hazel bank too.

Cheers

N.

I shot park lodge yesterday. It is expensive per clay, but it does have really good facilities.

Just checked their website:

Our popular ‘Pay and Play’ tariff means you can drop by and shoot some clays any time during our normal opening hours, without having to book in advance.

We offer a range of prices as follows:

• If you have your own shotgun and a valid license you can simply pay for what you shoot at just 31p per clay.
  • If you don’t have a gun, if you have a valid license and a series of lessons with one of our instructors then you can hire one from us for £40.
  • Cartridges can be bought on site with production of a valid license. Prices are from £5.75 for 25 to £43 per 250.
  • The Air Rifle range can be used for £15 per person, per half day and £25 for a full day.
  • You can hire an Air Rifle for £30, and buy pellets from £5.99 per tin. (If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by a responsible adult).