!6 Gauge

i have shot a English 16 bore for 30 years there are a few good 1 oz loads game bore have a good one that i have been using for the last 3 seasons very nice and smooth good killing power on driven game and pigeons .but had a play with some hull 24 gram high pheasant and they were nice to shoot as well . but my local shop sells game bore .but when i go anywhere with the wife on day trips i check if there is a gun shop local pay a visit and buy all the 16 bore i can if there different ,i got some very nice French cartridges last year .

I rate Hull High Phesant 28gram and Lyalvale 25gram, not such a fan of the Gamebore Traditional Game and Eley VIP kick hard even in 26.5gram. If you can get hold of them, Rottweil Special 16F are fantastic.

Got a stack load of Grand Prix and also various gunshop brands in 16g also from over the years and Hymax and Alphamax in 32gram.

Like you steve, always like a visit to a gunshop to see if they have any 'different' 16g cartridges in stock.

What were the french cartridges you got?