Variation/open ticket gmp

Phil9

Hiya chaps not been on for a while,, busy busy,, at the min I have 17hmr and 22lr on my ticket,,which is fine for the 2 farms I shoot on,,,, but yesterday I deliverd a parcel to a farmer and got chatting,, before u no it HE ASKED ME would I like to shoot over his land👌🏻to which I great fully replied yeeeesssss please,, apparently the bloke who used to do only used to turn up around 2/3 times a year,,,, yes u heard me right 2/3 times a year,, his land is huge quite hilly with a large wood to 1 side,,,,, so I was wondering how long it is in the GMP area for a variation for an open ticket for my hmr and 223 and 22-250 to give me that extra reach,, as he tells me there is a large number off foxs paying a visit on a regular basis. And advice would be brilliant thanks.

Hiya chaps not been on for a while,, busy busy,, at the min I have 17hmr and 22lr on my ticket,,which is fine for the 2 farms I shoot on,,,, but yesterday I deliverd a parcel to a farmer and got chatting,, before u no it HE ASKED ME would I like to shoot over his landto which I great fully replied yeeeesssss please,, apparently the bloke who used to do only used to turn up around 2/3 times a year,,,, yes u heard me right 2/3 times a year,, his land is huge quite hilly with a large wood to 1 side,,,,, so I was wondering how long it is in the GMP area for a variation for an open ticket for my hmr and 223 and 22-250 to give me that extra reach,, as he tells me there is a large number off foxs paying a visit on a regular basis. And advice would be brilliant thanks.

hello, i shall be interested in replies, for the thames valley police area also

i,a variation is to swap a calibre for same or different calibre not a open ticket which is a much different quest for some people and an impossible one from some forces,northumbria (my force) automatically open licence up after 5 years and not before others have got it on first grant but usually its when youve gained enough experience to please feo or they get sick of checking land for you

Usually, at least with my area police force, to get a FAC licence 'opened', it depends on how long you have had the licence, and how much use you have had with your rifles. (how much ammunition you have used) You could say that you are having to turn down offers to shoot on other land, as you are restricted.

So if I wanted a 223 or 22-250 I could put the variation in for them and ask to change my 22lr???

Iv had my FAC 2 years and used it quite a fair bit about 2000 rounds,, but like u say I actually have been asked on a number of occasions to shoot on land else were but can't because I don't have open ticket.!

So if I wanted a 223 or 22-250 I could put the variation in for them and ask to change my 22lr???

Iv had my FAC 2 years and used it quite a fair bit about 2000 rounds,, but like u say I actually have been asked on a number of occasions to shoot on land else were but can't because I don't have open ticket.!

I dont see this as an argument. You just bang in a 646 and they check it out?

Here (Avon and Somerset) they are signing off for the max calibre. Its all rubbish as they look at the farm building and then the land around they have no idea of the limits of the farm. Often the farmer is renting land permanently, is this included. When new land is bought they have no idea. Its a complete nonsense.

Oldypigeonpopper

I have just completed a variation with Thames Valley which was adding another FAC air slot and the total time from them receiving the application was 10 weeks if you are waiting for land inspection as well a mate just got cleared for a 22250 on new land and that was 4 months.

Cheers Neil

Oldypigeonpopper

I have just completed a variation with Thames Valley which was adding another FAC air slot and the total time from them receiving the application was 10 weeks if you are waiting for land inspection as well a mate just got cleared for a 22250 on new land and that was 4 months.

Cheers Neil

hello neil, no it was only if i found permission to shoot on new land or with another shooter on his permission with my .22 LR as only had my FAC ticket about 6 months, there is also a possibility of a new farm purchase by my friends farm family