CZ HMR

deadeye ive

Or so I thought !!

Me and the old man were out tonight,he's on the lamp and I'm shooting obviously .Spots some eye's up ahead so i procede to load a round ,It won't load ???:lol: ............Now with barrel pointing down I'm now exerting more force than should be required ...........The round still won't fully insert into the breech enabling the bolt to push down into it's firing posistion ???

Now i remember about rimfire thicknesses but I'm halfway through this box and try as i might I can't load a round :P

Now I'm thinking about going home and swapping rifles but decide the nights over and we ain't going to see alot hopefully ???

We decided to cover our usual route :P

Yea right :P

SOD's law came into play did'nt it .......Having put the range work in and desperate to put this leup through it's paces I could have have the holygrail of 100+ yd shots on 4/5 streetwise rabbits and i just had to watch them through the scope :P

Anyway ........gets home ,finds the guarentee which is 3 year cover and this rifle is 11 months old so looking for my next day off to return it to the RFD .

Now i' don't like being beaten by mechanical failures so on closer inspection I noticed some powder residue in the breech .Considering I run a clean barrel I was baffled by this but on closer inspection I noticed the slots on the breech of the barrel for the extraction claws on the bolt were full of powder residue and this had spilled out .

Believe it or not 1 /2 specs of powder residue had stopped a round being loaded properly even with some force behind it so something to look out for .

Happy hunting fella's and fellerette's

Not had that problem, but had a couple of rounds that have got stuck up the barrel!- only primer went off - round was stuck just inside chamber-, the only reason i found out is that i never heard it hit my inteded target and had been told by a friend that the same thing happened to him.

can't blame ammo manufacturor either :- used Remington in mine and friend used Hornady.

Comments please Guys

Cheers Paul

Good evidence to back up the arguement for regular cleaning! Whilst we're at it...you sure it wasn't partially due to a poor design of the CZ!!! B) :lol:

:P B) :no: Nothing wrong with my CZ :P:P

Just pulling your chain boys! :lol::good::good: