First Real Test Of My New Purchase!

Benny

Bought this 303 today. Tried it out on a few clays and liked it, But only got to know the gun properly out in the field. Shot and killed 12 in total, Heres a pic from the last field i visited.

As you can see, second from the top let me get real close! :good:

Cheers, Ben :unsure:

post-4268-1178652947.jpg

Like I say, each to their own mate - wasn't a go, just a comment :unsure:

Be a sad world if we all agreed, wouldn't it :good:

Glad you like the 303, cracking guns imho. Can't think of a reason I would get rid of mine :oops:

Each to their own, but a couple on the small side there, no?

If it's furry and diggin holes in the farmer's fields I guess that's just pest control! :good:

Glad you can shoot straight with your new purchase Ben, hope it serves you well for many a day in the field. :unsure:

PS:- Bring it out on Thurs for a ganders!! :oops:

Each to their own, but a couple on the small side there, no?

small rabbits eat crops to :good:

i shot 5 youngins last night as well left for fox going to sit out tonight again and little rabbits will get it again if they show

my farmer thinks they are great when dead :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

kirky

o yes great shooting with new gun benny keep up the good work

Hey, nothing wrong with pest control and shooting small bunnies :good:

I have taken them smaller ferreting, accidentally, and will do again probably.

I have taken small ones with the rifle. given hindsight I might have held off.

Anyone on here who says they don't "manage" their permission so they get the best yield is lying.

Pigeon shooters and pigeon guides do it. If Will drove about and shot the pigeon he saw the day he saw them, he wouldn't have any to put his clients onto - we all do it, some won't admit it but its true.

For me, small ones under 12 weeks are not worth shooting, they don't eat anything near a full-grown and most of that time they are on milk.

Like I said, each to their own, but for me the weeklings are off limits. What you gonna do with a rabbit that size?

dont think you can walk up to many small bunnys

you folks that say you dont shoot the small one dont shoot much then must just be a weekend thing

as you say each to there own

shooting can often save acres of grain which means pounds in the bank to the farmer and it must be worth while doing when my farmer gives me his 06 reg quad to shoot from for free he even fills it with fuel

small bunnys eat crops and can breed in a matter of weeks 6 or so isnt it :good:

cheers kirky

Yes kirky the odd 3 week old rabbit has often eaten mr giles out of house and home.

Times 1000 sure they do, times 1 or 2 no they don't.

Pest control yes, slaughter of animals easily taken in a more usable state with no harm to farmer a few weeks on - better in my eyes :good:

Well done Benny- and as you say little ones grow into big ones and then multiply - nothing wrong with shooting young rabbits, ask any farmer or gamekeeper and they will tell you the same.

Keep up the good work

we went out on monday night and shot 74 in an an hour, of which at least 30 were yound un's (damn place is over run with em),

so dont get offended by some of the comments :good::lol:

Cheers paul

I think what Pin is getting at is, we all enjoy our sport/pest control call it what you like, but I & others get no enjoyment from shooting bunnys that are a few weeks old, that you can literally walk up to, there's no sport in that! Think of them as your future sport for the winter months ferreting forays :good:

Don't get me wrong Pin & myself have both shot bunnys that are a few weeks old whilst out on serious pest control for clients, but when I'm out for a mooch & a few bunnys for the pot I will happily sit & watch them playing, knowing that in a few months time they will be sitting in my freezer :lol:

I've found leaving them playing outside a warren will encourage out other more size able rabbits, you can also use them to improve your field craft by stalking up to them, I have picked up many a baby rabbit simply by slowly creeping up on them, try it its not that difficult!

As I say each to there own & enjoy your sport :lol:

Good shooting by the way :lol:

SS

Like I said, each to their own, but for me the weeklings are off limits. What you gonna do with a rabbit that size?

Rabbit drumsticks? Makes a change from poultry...

LMAO! :lol:

Cheers Pal! :good:

Ok Really not getting this. You say leave them untill they are bigger.....By wich time they have a small Comunity of Children! The bigger they get the more holes they shall dig for my heifers to break legs in! Not a good thing really concidering it would cost me £1000 to replace her.

Ben

Ok Really not getting this. You say leave them untill they are bigger.....By wich time they have a small Comunity of Children! The bigger they get the more holes they shall dig for my heifers to break legs in! Not a good thing really concidering it would cost me £1000 to replace her.

Ben

Sigh!

Serious pest control, everything gets it. Not serious pest control I leave them be.

You are not getting it, settle down, take a chill pill and do as you wish. Wasn't having a go like I said before.

Jeesus H Christ on a bike. Its a forum, people have opinions and I am allowed mine even if you don't like it :good:

aah its nice to see a softy about at times :lol:

I have to say I shoot most of the time with the farmer so don't get to leave them, were I to start leaving them I'd end up doing the lamping while he shot them. Have to say the best way to make them sporting is shoot them at 100 yards plus :good:

They do make lamping at this time of year more interesting as it can be difficult to tell between a small rabbit at 80 yards and a bigger one at 130 yards.

Last time out I took two few week old's close to some very expensive nets the groundsman keeps having to fix and repair.

When it's appropriate I have no problem doing it, and I never did say I wasn't a big softy :good: