A bit of training this evening

Hi all,

Just a few short training clips that I was able to record tonight. The first one is a few blind retrieves with my Golden Retriever dog Ezra and my Cocker bitch Darcy.

The second is of my young Golden retriever bitch, she's 8 1/2 months old and developing really nicely. The next stage of her training will be to teach running a line, increase the distance of the retrieve.

The third video is of my Golden Retriever dog Ezra demonstrating a marked retrieve across water. I made this video at the beginning of the month after having a conversation with someone who thought Golden Retrievers aren't as efficient in water as labs. Whilst I'll admit most labs need less encouragement to swim, once a Golden is familiar they give nothing away.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the videos and if they aid in helping someone train there dogs then thats great.

ATB,

Lee

Edited by lee-kinsman

Thank you both.

Excellent , the dogs are looking great .

I can see the attraction of the Goldies the working dogs are a mile away from their show bred counterparts.

There are alot of really good Goldies about, makes me curious as to why they aren't more in the working field.

Thank you both.

There are alot of really good Goldies about, makes me curious as to why they aren't more in the working field.

Perhaps because a good litter of Labs is easier to find and people going with what they know or what is recommended ?

Out of interest what do you feel a Goldie offers over a well trained Labrador , do they do anything better in you opinion ? or is it a case of just having something different from the norm ?

Perhaps because a good litter of Labs is easier to find and people going with what they know or what is recommended ?

Out of interest what do you feel a Goldie offers over a well trained Labrador , do they do anything better in you opinion ? or is it a case of just having something different from the norm ?

When you've had one you'll know why 😊😊😊

There's just that something about them and there defiantly not a dog for everyone 😊

All the best

Of

Thats true that a good litter of Labs are easier to find.

I would liken the difference between a Lab and a Golden similar to the difference between a Springer and a Cocker, they both do the same job but in there own way. There is a certain loveable quirkyness about them, but it's difficult to say exactly what it is.

The two that I have are the first two Goldies I've ever had and I'd say based on my experience so far there's is nothing between a Lab and a Goldie with reagrds to there ability to work. I hope this helps.....

ATB,

Lee

Just out of Interest Lee do you ever sell any of your dogs when 3/4 to fully trained.

Yes I do, on average I train 4/5 dogs a year up to 3/4 trained and then move them onto a shooting home. The process of taking a puppy to a nearly finished gundog I fiind very rewarding.

Great videos

Thanks for taking the time to post them

Young goldie looks very promising and bouncy

All the best

Of

Thanks Of, yes she's still a bit dippy but I think she'll blossom beautifully.

ATB,

Lee

:lol:

He's a good looking lad, how's he bred?

He's being considerate about licking your face and breathing on you, he's trying to keep his breath fresh with your mints. Thats one thing I've noticed with Goldies actually, they never ever get bored of finding things to carry. They take the "retriever" part of there name very literal.