BASC... today??

Uk Shooting News, which I`ve never heard of before is an online blog written by professional journalist Gaz Corfield. If you take a look at his home page he is happy to offer his services to the media for comment on a number of shooting disciplines.

Having read his stuff I can`t help but think that, like so many of that "profession" he`s only too happy to spice up a story for his own ends.

Alasdair Mitchell`s logical telling of how it is can still be found in The Shooting Times under the pen name of Sharpshooter.

Exactly. :good:

Uk Shooting News, which I`ve never heard of before is an online blog written by professional journalist Gaz Cornfield. Yes, I know, I've mentioned this before. It is a blog written and based on his own opinion. He also gets things wrong now and then, like most of us.

If you take a look at his home page he is happy to offer his services to the media for comment on a number of shooting disciplines. Yes, I know this also. As does 'he who must not be mentioned' and many others, such as AM, whom I have a lot of respect for.

Having read his stuff I can`t help but think that, like so many of that "profession" he`s only too happy to spice up a story for his own ends. He has admitted he can be a little biased at times, like most of us, and also like most of us cares passionately about shooting.

Alasdair Mitchell`s logical telling of how it is can still be found in The Shooting Times under the pen name of Sharpshooter. At the risk of sounding like a 'know it all', I know this also, but haven't read ST for quite a few years now and miss his writing in the NGO magazine. Hopefully now he's 'seen the light' he'll return. :yes:

As he is a NRA representative I'm rather indifferent to Gaz Cornfield, but as he seems to spend a lot of time researching his topic I find some of his posts quite informative; nothing more, nothing less.

As for bias, his posts singing the praises of the NRA get deleted from my in box immediately and wont see the light of day on this forum by my hand.

:good:

Had him at our club last year for a talk on his experiences in thew Falklands War. Very modest about his own role, a gifted speaker in my opinion. When I tried to contact him last December regarding another talk just did not get any communication through E Mail.

Blackpowder

I think AM resigned some time ago, at least as far back as last year, but am happy to be corrected. I always enjoyed his logical telling it how it is style of writing when he represented the NGO and was very disappointed when he left them for BASC.

I was pretty surprised to be honest and didnt think BASC was suited for his style but might be wrong.

There are issues relating to staffing at BASC and to protect peoples rights we re unable to say any more at this time.

Uninformed speculation risks damaging shooting .

BASC will make a further statement once proper process has been followed and completed

David