Pea stubble take 3

fenboy

I decide I was going to have another look at some of the pea stubbles this afternoon .

I was at work last night so the plan was to get up around 10.30 and head off to have a look which field offered the best chance .

That plan went out the window when I was woken by the phone ringing at 12.30 ! I could only shoot till 5pm today so I rushed around loaded the car and dog up and was heading out by 1pm .

The first two fields I checked had nothing on them the third just a handful , fortunately the next one I looked at had a few birds down and one or two joining them .

I got set up with fifteen decoys and two magnets and was shooting by 2.30pm.

I did not have to wait too long for one or two to start visiting the pattern and I had some steady shooting for two hours mostly pigeons but a few crows put in a appearance and I was pleased to shoot a nice triple on them .

I started packing up at 4.45pm and picked 44 pigeons and 7 crows.

IMAG0730_zpseeaogaki.jpg

IMAG0735_zpsjl3tqhci.jpg

IMAG0742_zps5iyj2xxx.jpg

IMAG0744_zpsez8nemqo.jpg

Drake looks like he is coming on well.

Still plenty of work to do with Drake Paul , he is nice and steady but needs more work on following directions from me rather than going into headless chicken mode when sent for a blind.

A good afternoon sport you had there fenboy and your young dog looks as if he is enjoying it just as much as you , maybe more so.

The peas I went on for a couple of hours today are still at least 3 to 4 weeks away from being cut and for how few were about today on the peas I cant see the stubble producing any amount as by then the first fields of barley will be cut and they will be on the grain stubbles , when I went back to the farm today the combine driver recon they might make a start next weekend , weather permitting .

Guest stevo

A good afternoon mate , would have like to have seen a video , my peas are rubish to date , however talking to my mate today i rekon we will be cutting barley in 2-3 weeks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh yeah !!

A good afternoon mate , would have like to have seen a video , my peas are rubish to date , however talking to my mate today i rekon we will be cutting barley in 2-3 weeks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh yeah !!

I have given up on the videos for now mate , they way I have been shooting I thought it would be one less thing to concentrate on !

Your peas may come good when they are cut , there has been nothing on mine until they were vined.

Guest stevo

I have given up on the videos for now mate , they way I have been shooting I thought it would be one less thing to concentrate on !

Your peas may come good when they are cut , there has been nothing on mine until they were vined.

yeah I rekon there is maybe a good day to be had , just timing it right .