First Shotgun

Jordan93

Thankyou for accepting me. My father and i are applying for our shotgun licence and are looking at purchasing a shotgun(each) for clay pigeon and occasional real pigeon but as being new to this we are unsure what one to get iv been looking and the Browning 525 sporter 12g, the beretta silver pigeon one 30" 12g or maybe a miroku does anyone recommend any of these or anything else around about that price range?

Edited by Jordan93

hello, all 3 makes are quality guns but go to a good RFD that stock and try all for fit and comfort and weight and will do the type of shooting you are going to do, if one feels just right or may need a slight stock adjustment that is easy to get done then buy that, there was a recent post like this where a PW member tried a good few guns and 1 felt just right i think it was a franchi, so there are other makes you can consider, good luck

Ok thankyou for your help. I have got a few places about, a dealer in montrose and auchterhouse country sports also a small place in dundee i will go in and see whats best what do you recommend for say barrel size 30" ye?

hello, what ever suites you and you style of shooting although if you are going into this forums main sport pigeon shooting shorter barrels are more favourite for hide work mine are 28 O/U 26 S by S.

hello, what ever suites you and you style of shooting although if you are going into this forums main sport pigeon shooting shorter barrels are more favourite for hide work mine are 28 O/U 26 S by S.

28 semi auto

As you seem to be a novice where guns are concerned I would say get a few lessons from a decent coach who can also advise you on Al aspects of gun fit/suitability. Any of the big three makes you named will outlive you if looked after correctly. Contrary to some advice I would dismiss the cheaper brands as you really do only get what you pay for in this life.buy cheap and you will pay more in the long run.also I only buy guns from dealers who have an in-house fully trained gunsmith.a salesman is only interested in getting your cash into the till and basically does not care what you leave the shop with as long as it is not your cash.there are many excellent second hand guns out there that will give a lifetime's use and enjoyment.atb

I would go with the lessons and coaching, try as many of the different makes/models that you can before parting with any money. You would not rush out and buy the first car that you saw, try to make up a short list and then shop around, even if it involves travelling to get the gun you want, it will be worth it.