20bore for the wife

Darno

Darno, my wife also started a few months ago, and also started with a 20 bore because of the weight, but she has now switched to a 12 bore -- you CAN find 12 bore that are as light as most 20's and she'll have less recoil (and the cartridges are a LOT cheaper too!).

So I don't want to muddy the water, but I suggest you don't set your/her mind on a 20 if you have a chance, look around for a light 12 too -- I picked a AYA Coral for my wife, and had it modified to get an adjustable comb, and that fits her a lot better than the 20 she has, while being just 50 grams heavier...

Darno, my wife also started a few months ago, and also started with a 20 bore because of the weight, but she has now switched to a 12 bore -- you CAN find 12 bore that are as light as most 20's and she'll have less recoil (and the cartridges are a LOT cheaper too!).

So I don't want to muddy the water, but I suggest you don't set your/her mind on a 20 if you have a chance, look around for a light 12 too -- I picked a AYA Coral for my wife, and had it modified to get an adjustable comb, and that fits her a lot better than the 20 she has, while being just 50 grams heavier...

Ok, thanks for that, great point. I think the best way will be to take her out and try a few for fit/weight. Thanks for the replys

Let her have at least 6 lessons before you buy or you will be changing guns most ladies start on a 20 but graduate to a 12 (most can start on a 12 with the correct dimensions and balance)

Heavier gun = less recoil let her build some muscle memory and get used to holding the gun (practice at home) and she will probably go straight to 12. Have a search lots of input from the lady members on this

If some one offered me a twenty bore for my wife I would snap their hand off.

Is this meant to be a joke??

Let her have at least 6 lessons before you buy or you will be changing guns most ladies start on a 20 but graduate to a 12 (most can start on a 12 with the correct dimensions and balance)

Heavier gun = less recoil let her build some muscle memory and get used to holding the gun (practice at home) and she will probably go straight to 12. Have a search lots of input from the lady members on this

Thanks for the reply, we're not rushing into it, just getting an idea of how much it's going to cost me😂

Got her another lesson booked for next weekend.

Didn't get it sorry

Swap - 20g for wife.

My wife used to shoot a Franchi Veloce 20g. Now shoots a Beretta Silver Pigeon S 12g with 28" barrels. It's a game gun so fairly light but cheap to feed and she finds it as easy to shoot as the Franchi.

Edited by Glenlivet

Swap - 20g for wife.

My wife used to shoot a Franchi Veloce 20g. Now shoots a Beretta Silver Pigeon S 12g with 28" barrels. It's a game gun so fairly light but cheap to feed and she finds it as easy to shoot as the Franchi.

😂 Ha, I must be tired!! Didn't see that at all.

Defiantly gonna have to get her to try a few different guns I think.

Really chuffed she is showing an interest though!

My partner only started shooting at Xmas she is only 5ft and a bit and has the start of arthritis so wanted a light gun she opted for a hatsan 20g muddy girl it suits her needs of shooting for fun and joining in and I know someone will say waste of money but it serves her well no problems with it and she likes it

My partner only started shooting at Xmas she is only 5ft and a bit and has the start of arthritis so wanted a light gun she opted for a hatsan 20g muddy girl it suits her needs of shooting for fun and joining in and I know someone will say waste of money but it serves her well no problems with it and she likes it

Those hatsan semis in 20 take some beating, all three of my kids started with one a black synthetic , i have it now , its been brilliant, 0.635 bore size is overbored to the extreme and they pattern great i feel because of this.