Plantar fasciitis....again.

Scully

Not being able to find the insole thingie I had some years ago and having spent a small fortune on insoles that don't work, I have at last found the relief I've wanted.

One of the recommended exercises I've been trying, is to force the ball of the affected foot against a step and lean forward with a straight leg, thereby placing a lot of weight on that arch and stretching it, does work, but it is more than little painful and the relief is very short lived. However, I've been stitching up a roof ridge over the last two days, which has a pitch of 37 degrees. The soles of my boots are super grippy and I can walk up the roof shield without slipping even in the rain. This causes the same effect as the exercise I've been doing, which is quite painful, but because I've been doing it for about ten hours per day, and have to do it, it has greatly relieved my plantar fasciitis to the extent I've been jumping around like a spring lamb today!

So, to all you sufferers out there, that exercise your physio' gave you does in fact work...or is doing so far, but it would seem it needs to be done to a much much greater extent than it is recommended. It is a painful exercise, but stick with it and increase it's regularity; it's worth it. Today is the first day I have been without pain for many months.

Edited by Scully

My wife runs but also suffer with her plantar,the shop where she bought her latest running shoes have a machine that custom builds insoles (not cheap).She says they are worth it and bout a second set of insoles for her workshoes.

Susan keeps a small frozen plastic bottle of water in the freezer.After a long run she rolls it under her foot for 10/15 mins or sometimes uses a wodden rolling pin.