is this the lamp i need

roadkill

I would step out on a limb here and say NO, you need one with a dimmer switch on it, as this will not only save battery but stop you spooking rabbits when just "scanning for eyes". So the Max PRO or Mini PRO, either fine with an air rifle although if you buy the Max PRO you will never need another lamp again, even if you move upto .22cfs for foxes.

Hope that helps,

Just my opnion,

Dan

I would step out on a limb here and say NO, you need one with a dimmer switch on it, as this will not only save battery but stop you spooking rabbits when just "scanning for eyes". So the Max PRO or Mini PRO, either fine with an air rifle although if you buy the Max PRO you will never need another lamp again, even if you move upto .22cfs for foxes.

Hope that helps,

Just my opnion,

Dan

:good:

Hope that helps,

Just my opnion,

Dan

AS Dan says buy a max pro and you need never buy another lamp, I have several other types sitting in my shed all redundant and bought over the years, if I had gone straight for a max pro I would have saved a lot of money, the dimmer makes all the difference not only in shooting technique but saving battery power.

Mine cost £118 with a filter so the difference is hardly worth it.

:good: D2D

Hope that helps,

Just my opnion,

Dan

yep you need a DIMMER, mini pro is best!

so its this one i want ;) also can you make them handheld to??? for when theres two of you ? :good:

max pro

You can get a purpose built handle that turns the unit into a hand held lamp. SL had one for his and it was great, especially when two of you are lamping together.

so its this one i want ;) also can you make them handheld to??? for when theres two of you ? :good:

max pro

You can get a purpose built handle that turns the unit into a hand held lamp. SL had one for his and it was great, especially when two of you are lamping together.

yep thats what i want also where do you get them from?

just found this on ebay is this the kind of lamp i want for my air arms tx 200 and being new to lamping ;)

]

rk

The 400 Max pro and red filter being used at air rifle ranges will be a lethal combination .With the filter on ,especially red that long beam soon comes down to only 150m depending on how good your eyesight is .You can even tail it down so as to only get the reflection back off the eye's and not spooking the quarry unnessersarily .

You are also buying a lamp for ALL occasions and will much be an aquired asset for if/when you move up the rifle ladder of power .

I have a handle that came with the compact 100m cordless tracer (Predecessor to the **** atom B) )but i'm sure if you contact Deben they still make the handles ,hopefully :good:

max pro

Yes you can get the handles from Deben to make it hand held.. :P

And another thing if you go for the mini pro like THAIBOXER recommends i can guarantee you will change to the Max pro when you move onto rim fire rifles.

Of the two the max pro is the best with a dimmer switch i speak from experience ive had them all over the years and if i had gone for a MAX pro could have saved a fortune....

Mind you i use that on rimmy and airrifles and a 170 light force on the 223..

Good luck with the lamping it gets addictive .!!! B) :lol::P

For a handle, use the detachable handle that comes with older type electric drills (and are never used and discarded), fix a short piece of brush handle to the top, then push the scope mounting bracket onto the brush handle.

Comfortable to hold - cost nothing if you scrounge the bits :good: