Set of barrels for silver pig 5

Foxwit

I don't mean to take the thread off in another direction but just interested to know how you go on with different serial numbers if you do go for a second hand barrel?

easiest thing is to have them put on certificate then it makes no difference. when i swapped barrels it was no problem as both guns were on my cert

With shotguns only the serial number on the action matters.

i presume you mean in the legal sense/paperwork etc. with regard authenticity the value between a genuine original parts gun v say one with replacement barrels can be quite marked,especially so with old s/s etc..I don't suppose makes much difference to a Silver pigeon so much. as I would guess barrels are fairly interchangeable with v small tolerance differences.My main point was though if want longer barrels and m/c see this as an opportunity to upgrade as whilst having a nice bit of wood on a gun is all well and good not much good if no longer like 28 inch tubes and wants the ability to fiddle with multi-chokes..and ending up with 2 guns and I guess only one likely to get used have perfect excuse to trade up for similar money(maybe plus a little)...and there is still a small chance the new barrels will need gunsmith to perfectly marry them to the old action..