nissan navarro 4x4 pickup

i am trying to make a buying decision. i test drove the toyota hilux and did not care for the ride and comfort for an all around transportation. the nissan was (at least to me) more comfortable and i liked the way it handled. i am seeking input from those out who have hand experience with the nissan. thanks

Love mine best motor i,ve had...34mpg on average rising to nearer 40 on a run,loads of torque and quick with it . :good:

Handles superb,had no backend slide outs !! B) Wheels and tyres you get aren,t ideal for deep mud but hey if you want to do serious off roading.......get a different set of tyres on!!!!!

Mind you as i work for Nissan and got a great big wedge off that might just make me a little biased ;)

GH

We have an 03 and love it, it does all that we ask of it and more, went to devon last summer towing our 23ft caravan all our gear and our dogs and it had no problems at all comfy all the way, we have had a few 4x4s and this is the best one we have had so far, if we change it will be for another one, we get 35-40 to the gal in it so its not bad.

alison

Read monkeyjaimz post mate: Dorect quote -

"Had my Navara from new for just over two years, done 40k miles, had it serviced with dixons nissan every 6 months on the nose.

Last monday morning, a conrod on the 4th cylinder dropped into a piston or something and the end result was a massive hole in my engine.

Still, not to worry - its still under warranty right? WRONG!

apparantly I've done more miles than they say I should in between my 6 month services (last service was a major one 2 weeks before this happened) and therefore my warranty is void!

Been on the phone with nissan 'customer services' all morning - no joy whatsoever.

Also have a nissan van which have had from new for 6 yrs and been serviced with dixons nissan every 6 months just the same, doesnt make any differance to them though.

Whats the point in being a loyal customer and paying a premium for service that when you need it, it simply isnt there

Im told it needs a whole new engine - £8-9k

In short - do not buy a nissan vehicle if you expect any kind of service from them in the future"

had one for now coming up to three years and no complaints at all like said the tyres they come with are road tyres so wont handle ruff stuff. Good comfy ride on long journeys 28mpg which it aint bad for a big truck. Looked at the l200 and hilux and the rodeo but the navara come out top. My dads mate had a l200 animal had my navara for a day then sold is l200 to get one. He is a shepherd so pulling livestock trailers on ruff ground and the navara loved it. :sly:

Nothing much to add, love my Navara - way more comfy than anything else I tried and much more civilised for the road than the rest.

Nissan dealer told me that the service interval is now 18,000 miles and the service indicator gives a count down so I don't quite know what the craic is with the 6 month thing.