renewing my licence

nobbyathome

well there we are my licence runs out in January so as I have heard about the long delays at the met I get it all ready last Friday and send it off cue smug grin ahhh the early bird etc

so I come in last night and my mrs said have you sent anything to the police ? yes my application forms I said why ?

coz they have sent them back to you with a covering letter your cheque and your photos stapled together and your forms loose

grrrrrrrrrr ok where is it ? well the dog got there before I did she said your photos the covering letter and the cheque she got and I grabbed the rest off of her so I have spent all day today trying to phone the met to find out why it all came back after about 30 phone calls to an answering machine that would not let you leave a message someone picked it up

turns out I sent it to early

looks like I am going to pick up up my photos the cheque the letter and paperclip from the garden tomorrow after I let her out ha ha

got my certificate in 7 days £48.00................

then today....doctor wants 48 quid to release my medical records....for the time it takes that would put him on £300.00/hour...no wonder the NHS is wanting more money...

Why do plod want your medical records if they do they should pay

if plod want medical records...they should just contact GP and ask for them i have given permission...which is standard on the form now.....i have no ailments apart from chest stuff..............thing is i have my new liecence....it has been granted without this ......so plod must have contacted GP....

i think the GP and surgery are trying to pull a fast one...im ringing nick the FEO tomorrow to see what he thinks...

if plod want medical records...they should just contact GP and ask for them i have given permission...which is standard on the form now.....i have no ailments apart from chest stuff..............thing is i have my new liecence....it has been granted without this ......so plod must have contacted GP....

i think the GP and surgery are trying to pull a fast one...im ringing nick the FEO tomorrow to see what he thinks...

Why ring your FEO, doesn't matter what he thinks.

Send the invoice back to your GP with a polite note telling him you didn't agree to being invoiced and that you will not accept a charge for his work completing the form.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/343514-what-is-the-latest-re-gps-licence-renewal-fees/

Why ring your FEO, doesn't matter what he thinks.

Send the invoice back to your GP with a polite note telling him you didn't agree to being invoiced and that you will not accept a charge for his work completing the form.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/343514-what-is-the-latest-re-gps-licence-renewal-fees/

This is correct, if the ***** wish to access your records its not your bill to pick up. However, if you used the Dr as a referee it may be different, but anyone that charges a fee for this ceases to be a 'suitable' person so it appears that your money is safe

Hi lads/lasses, just had this from BASC

Doctors should not claim payment for initial contact

by police over shotgun or firearms applications

New procedures have been introduced for how police and GPs in England and Wales share information about people who apply for shotgun or firearms licences.

With immediate effect, the police will contact an applicant’s doctor to request medical information as soon as an application is received, rather than once a certificate has been issued.

BASC is continuing to advise members not to pay fees requested by GPs for responding to this initial police contact. Police will no longer send GPs a form to complete and return about an applicant's medical history.

Such fees should only become payable by the applicant if police subsequently request further medical information as a result of the applicant declaring a relevant medical condition, or if the GP indicates they have concerns relating to a relevant medical condition.

Paul Dale, a member of BASC’s firearms team who has led on this issue for the association, said: “These are welcome changes and should improve the service being offered to applicants.

“GPs now have clear guidance that if they do not respond to the initial police letter within 21 days it will be assumed they have no relevant information and therefore the application will be granted.”

I'm in Cumbria, sent in my renewal on 12th July for a september expiry date of sgc. Had visit within 8 days..... Sounds good up to now, rang them Friday to see what was happening, was told they are dealing with MARCH applications at the moment, will be 6 months before I see my ticket again...

NOT CHUFFED as just missed a nice little 28 bore for my daughter and son due to lack of ticket....