Beretta Urika 2

coolrwatt1

I posted on here the other day about a super black eagle and thanks to everybody that helped out but i went for the urika 2 black synthetic. It just felt better and that settled it so now i just have to wait to wednesday until it comes in(longest 5 days of my life).

What do other users think of the urika? Are there any problems i should look out for?

Thanks.

Ricky.

• 3 months later...
I posted on here the other day about a super black eagle and thanks to everybody that helped out but i went for the urika 2 black synthetic. It just felt better and that settled it so now i just have to wait to wednesday until it comes in(longest 5 days of my life).

What do other users think of the urika? Are there any problems i should look out for?

Thanks.

Ricky.

Hi,

Can you tell me a bit more about the urika 2 black synthetic, I am going to buy a beretta semi auto but am not sure which one and I am trying to decide, I will use it for foxes, pigeon and wildfowling. I was going to but an xtrema 3 1/2" but i am not sure it is worth the extra money and how many gunshops sell 3 1/2" cartridges??? very few?. What about the Tekyns, I like the look of the new urika2 synthetic but one thing that is putting me off is the weight of the gun as quoted on GMK website, it weighs about the same as the xtrema and if the weight quoted is correct it is quite a bit heavier than the old synthetic urika1, do you know the reason for this extra weight, is it because it comes with the kick-off butt pad and do you know if it can be bought without the kick-off pad???

If you're fowling I'd get the Xtrema. A lot of the big Steel shot loads are 3.5". I think you're supposed to step up two pellet sizes to what you'd use in lead, so you need the extra length to get enough pellets in to get a decent pattern.

I couldn't agree more, there isn't a 12bore cartridge available that you can't shoot through an Extrema, 3 1/2" shells are more available than you think. And Remington nitro steel are the finest and hardest hitting I have ever used.

have had a urika sporter about 5 years now, Its had many thousands of carts through it, it is bashed, abused, rarely cleaned, but reliable, I can count the number of jams on one hand, perhaps those who suffer jams are putting to much oil on?

cheers KW