Electrician help needed

la bala

Today i had my new forge blower delivered, the wiring diagram confused me, i rang the manufacturer and was assured it is correct. On the diagram it is saying

blue LIVE

black NUETRAL

green/yellow EARTH. It also has a brown wire. What is brown for?.

Clipped to side of motor is a capacitor with one blue wire and one brown wire, what will go with what in a connection block. Dont want to get anything wrong and fry the motor. Will be grateful for any help.

post-52836-0-76383000-1477408312_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-38904100-1477408355_thumb.jpg

Edited by la bala

Ok boys lets see if i can make myself clearer. There is a cable coming out of the motor with 4 wires, Blue, Black, Brown and Green/Yellow earth. On the side of the motor there is a capacitor with 2 wires, a Blue one and a Brown one. I would like to know what goes with what in one side of a connector block, and what goes where on the other side of the block with the power cable. Hope it makes some sort of sense.

Looks to me like the brown is the to the capacitor and the blue to the motor.

Black is neutral

Green yellow is earth

One of the lives supplies the juice the other controls the motor allowing for a lower current control wiring such as from a timer or relay whereas the motor feed requires a few amps. Also can help with B type breakers that will trip on motor Start up (get it a lot with theatre lights in schools)

My guess is the brown is your starter/control live.

Edited by HDAV

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, with this could happen and that could happen, i have bottled it and dropped it off to an electrical firm.

I think sparkies or people who think they know about electrics talk in a language all of their own. Even though you ask a perfectly reasonable question they reply as if you know what they are talking about.