Cider Press

Sprucey

I'd go to machine mart and get the one from there. We've had one for three years and it's been great. We have pressed inexcess of 3000 pints of cider of which about 300 were any good. But the point is it's still going strong. Great bit of kit for about 65 notes :D

I'd go to machine mart and get the one from there. We've had one for three years and it's been great. We have pressed inexcess of 3000 pints of cider of which about 300 were any good. But the point is it's still going strong. Great bit of kit for about 65 notes :D

Did you drink the other 2700?

Still have loads left, we found if you mixed the rocket fuel with a bit of lemonade it became slightly more paletable. The best ones we made we used crab apples in or pears and it definitely got better with age. First time we tried it my friend had four pins and passed out at ten until 1pm the next day. 😂😂

We bottled it in 2l Tesco water bottles

Tip I got the other day - The worst part of the process is breaking the fruit down so that you can press it - Scratting is the technical term and it takes absolutely ages - So much so that I rarely use fresh fruit in ciders or perrys.

Mate of mine recently opened mine eyes though by using a very basic garden shredder - Apples in one end, pulp out the other - Easy peasy lemon squeezy