problem house electrics

vampire

So the other night,she comes out of the kitchen shouting "quick come and look at this", she was standing at the far end of kitchen and when shutting a wall cabinet door the ceiling lights went out,open it and they came back on ??? spooked out or what.

We both could not believe what was happening :hmm:i tried it as well :rolleyes: to see and it did same,just looked at each other with a, its not possible can't happen kind of look :no:

I did finally solve it and perhaps should explain.We have been modernising/altering this bungalow for three years,when we moved in the kitchen had a door from the hall which we infilled and fitted a new kitchen on three walls.

Sussed it out yet :hmm:

No,what i did was blanked door out and fitted units over new wall,but i left the two way light switch in and what with the wall cabinet being fully stocked and bulging out the hardboard on the back,it was turning old light switch on and off every time the door squeezed shut. :lol:

Take the unit off the wall and put a blanking plate on the switch you have left in lol lol

Or !,,,,,,,,,, cut a piece out of the back of the wall unit so you can turn the light on and off from inside the unit,

LOL LOL

Flynny

Edited by flynny