Skiing roll call!

markm

We go most years to Slovakia to ski in the Tatras, slopes are quiet. Probably not as manicured as some may be used to but quite a good selection.. Fly to Krakow (PL) and drive over the mountains. Keep all our gear at the inlaws and stay with them. Car hire if we have to pay is about £100 a week. Ski pass about 125 euro, Its great and manage to do a bit of ski alp and cross country too. Down side is the apres ski is all with the reli's and my knowledge of the language makes it hard work.

Skiing is fun but naked spa is my favourite ;)

UKPoacher, you are so right in this aspect.

Even on the Med the locals would be worried about whether they have had their winter tyres put on!

For god sakes, apart from some low overnight temps the roads are so dry that in 8 years I never experienced 'black ice'

Obv a few like ourselves would travel wax weeekd to the snow, but even then we had to have a set of compulsory snow chains/socks

Some friends were turned back from one ski area because they had not got the right tyres on their vehicle. Apparently the tyres have to conform to some regulation or other.

Been to arosa 3 times when i was younger, would like to do it again. What can i expect to pay for a week with 2 kids? I did enjoy skiing!![/quote

I think we've paid around £2200 self catering to Italy that's with lift passes and board carriage for us and ski hire for 2 kids and half day ski school for the 4 and 6 year olds, that's in term time so expect a vast increase during school hols.

Edited by shootthepigeon