Best High Boots

rimfire4969

would be a fantastic boot if they made them higher leg like other highleg boots but they are only midleg boots. The Hogg highleg all weather are a highleg but when I asked they would not make me a pair in brown leather, or make a pair of the Country boots with a true high leg. So I am still looking for a true highleg boot to replace my knackered and binned wellies.

Still a very good boot, at 10inch high they suit my needs and the back up is second to none, I have had mine for 3 years

last week I took them to the factory for adjustment

when I got them I used to wear thin socks,

now converted to thick and could not wear thick with my boots, as a bit tight

i took them to the factory last week and for £20 they stretched the pair of boots by half a size so I can now wear thick socks with them, expertly adjusted

on the last that they were made on using the old techniques of steam and stretching, I always use the correct grease on them and I have stood in water for a half hour hour with no leaks and the water beaded straight off , as I said a well made pair of boots that lasts for years and as comfortable as slippers , make sure you get them for the correct socks you wear, thick or thin, they are made of thick leather and are heavy for some- that's the only downside and the quality is second to none as is the after service, I live 45 mins from the factory so that's another bonus

Psycho I have to agree with the service I have had a pair of Mallerstang 2 hiking boots for seven or eight years now and when a eyelet came out they tried a repair were not happy and replaced my boots. Took some more measurements and steamed my new boots to a last that suited my feet. Most comfy boots I've owned.

If only they put another 2 or 2 1/2" of height on the leg shaft of the Gamekeeper I would have bought some years ago.

When you look at the height of other makes of high leg boots like the Diotto and Lundhags etc no wonder they are popular as they become a welly boot alternative.

Edited by figgy

I have a pair of Altberg Mallerstangs, no ankle support and heavy.

My first ones were heaven this pair have a commando pattern sole not the heavey threaded ice sole. Makes a difference when wearing for long periods. The ankle support has been fine for general hillwalking in the lakes but maybe not upto stalking and such. That to me is where the high leg boots come into there own.

Id never buy a pair of boots without trying them first, wrong fit and you will not wear them after getting hurt feet. A trip is in order for you to try a few different boot makes and styles.

I agree but I cant find anyone who stocks them in 100 miles of me. I will find a good online retailer who is happy to have boots exchanged for a different size. I even contacted Meindl direct and they just said sorry no one down near you stocks them. Not the greatest customer service i have received.

Just contacted Alt-Berg I can order and send back as many pairs as I want from them direct.

Edited by rimfire4969

• 3 weeks later...

I went for a pair of Alt-berg gamekeepers, one of the main reasons was they were a lot more helpful with and my need to maybe return boots if they did not fit. Their customer service was very good compared to Meindl who basically did not want to help.

To be honest I would of preferred the Meindl Extremes as they are a bit higher but I could not be more pleased now I have worn the

Alt-bergs I few times and they are slipper comfy and I think high enough for my needs.