Scottish Funday 8

johnnytheboy

11am is fine for me.

Any chance of picking out 10 of the hardest stands :-) we can shoot 5 pairs at each

Sounds as though you must be an expert (or else a masochist). Does that apply also to the rest of the group?

Apart from some “novice coaching” stands, there are usually about a dozen 2-trap stands (may all include tricky targets, depending how they have been set up on the day) and seven 6-trap stands, so probably 60-70 different targets available.

During fun days with my regular group of decrepit geriatric pals, we usually tackle the 2-trap stands by shooting one pair on report, and then decide whether to take one or two more pairs as report or simultaneous. For the 6-trap stands, we shoot them on report as A+B, C+D and E+F.

If anybody wants to shoot skeet as well as sporting, they will need to take a separate counter.

I shall be there tomorrow (19 March) for the monthly 100-bird club comp, and probably a lot of the targets will still be fairly similar the following week (25 March).

If everybody on the list turns up, we might need to split into two squads. Possibly an expert squad tackling the hardest clays, with an easier selection for the ordinary mortals -- targets that are “challenging” for the AA class shooter can be plain bloody depressing for somebody in C class.

Many thanks to Johnnytheboy for organising yesterday’s Scottish Fun Day. Eight guns turned up and we each fired about 90 cartridges at (if memory serves me correctly) 64 different targets, with a lunch break in the middle.

bunnykiller kindly shot first on every stand, giving the rest of us a good chance to see the targets. Scores at the first stand were written down, but fortunately the pencil was then lost, so the numbers of targets missed during the remainder of the day have not been recorded for posterity. A very enjoyable format for a mixed-ability group.

I was sorry to miss out on the day, was too busy finalising the sporting shoot for the competition at Hopetoun today, but glad you all had a good time. The weather was very kind to you although I'm not so sure about the assembled mob being righteous, perhaps just lucky :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully I will make the next one.