Oak flooring pellets

winnie&bezza

Are you using a screw digger a stepped drill or just two sizes of drill bits for your holes ? I found the screw diggers got hot bunged up and didn't do a great job after a certain amount of holes.

I still have a fair few pellets to cut and fit into my door casings that I haven't done yet.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using a screw digger a stepped drill or just two sizes of drill bits for your holes ? I found the screw diggers got hot bunged up and didn't do a great job after a certain amount of holes.

I still have a fair few pellets to cut and fit into my door casings that I haven't done yet.

I'm using a 12mm forstner bit which cuts a lovely clean hole and a separate pilot drill.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-forstner-bits-ax887276

Get on with em! ;-)

I think a dark brown pellet would look good as a bit of contrast,

But I have no taste so I'm told lol

:shaun:

Totally agree.

I was discussing this earlier with my dad and we both said that walnut pellets would look cool.

Today I was looking at the floor thinking exactly the same about a dark plug and walnut. I don't think a dark board and light plug would look good though.

I make solid oak flooring for a living....

When i have laid mine at home a screw 1St board down and done the rest floating. glued every other board and staggered. Doesn't move and looks mint.

Any way if floor was ply lined and plastic membrane id get a nail an pin in the tongue