100yrd group with the HMR

pin

After sorting out the trigger on the cz, thanks browning!, took it out to check and adjust zero and have a crack at the bunnies.

Set up in the usual zeroing spot, took a few to settle down and then managed a cracking 5 shot group and left it there :-

100yds.jpg

Federal Premium V-shok 17 grain v-max poly ammo, CZ 452 .17hmr 16" Varmint barrel with Eric Brooks trigger kit, SAK mod and harris bipod. Shots taken from prone off the bipod, 2-3mph left to right crosswind.

Very impressive difference the lighter pull makes. StealthStalker saw the group, I think he's got a photo and story coming of the bag, 12 bunnies I think it was :good:

My mistake mate, I realised after I posted I had messed up the circle, I've changed it now so it's right - was the ones in the corner. The paper sheet was A4 sized, the coloured squares are 1", the grouping now I've checked comes inside that 1/2" square.

I will be happy if I can use it like I want to and it produce groups like that :good:

It LOVES those rounds, some of the other **** I have tried patterns more like one of my shotguns!

Cheers for the comments, I was extremely happy with the results tonight, I love that rifle :D

i'd say its more 1/4" if they are 1" squares

It's just one of those number things; 1" square is 1" high & 1" wide. 1/4" square is 1/4" x 1/4" and so you'll get sixteen 1/4" squares in a 1" square group, as appossed to four 1/2" squares in a 1" group.

Hope that helps.

All I know is I had a couple of Badgers new beer (hopping hare) after shooting, then opened a bottle of wine when I got home, and now things are a little squiffy :good:

I have the advantage of several artificial substances and stimulates, namly: favorite take-away curry after two weeks on Aitkins diet, am now 5/8 of the way through a pack of Stella, next week I'm on holiday and yesterday I got a £5k pay rise (had an anually rise of 6.66% in January) and the OK for a new car! All in all, a top start to the weekend.

i'd say its more 1/4" if they are 1" squares

It's just one of those number things; 1" square is 1" high & 1" wide. 1/4" square is 1/4" x 1/4" and so you'll get sixteen 1/4" squares in a 1" square group, as appossed to four 1/2" squares in a 1" group.

Hope that helps.

sorry lefty you are right - it was late last night when posted :good:

My mistake mate, I realised after I posted I had messed up the circle, I've changed it now so it's right - was the ones in the corner. The paper sheet was A4 sized, the coloured squares are 1", the grouping now I've checked comes inside that 1/2" square.

Where you get the rifle?

JF

Barrel floats properly, had to much about with the front action screw as it would tend to be a little tight on the left hand side :blink:

Already ordered another 2 5 shot mags, spot on there :blink:

as well as the one I had my eye on on ebay? :lol: