New Clear Pigeon?

Not this people- I've never used the old cased ones. But I can confirm very erratic patterns from the current version. If its a quiet day on the birds I always do a bit of pattening.

Erratic patterns through your gun, perhaps. I'm assuming you haven't patterned them through lots of guns or chokes.

My farther still has 2k of the old style clear pigeon and its all we ever used on live quarry, they were great and used in O/U, SxS and Semi without issue always a great performing cartridge.

But both of us haven't rated the black cased replacement.

I have 250 of the old in my storage and a few months ago out of curiosity I cut one open.................. Shot wise there were round, square, egg shaped and flat sided shot in sizes from 5`s to 7.5`s :oops: I was disappointed to find my old favourite cartridge appeared to be made up of scraps and floor sweepings, none the less as many of us say they worked great and and some of the best shots I have seen taken have been with these cartridges.

I also compared a black gold that I cut open, needless to say the shot was perfect and I couldn't find a bad pellet so the quality has come on ! :good:

Not seen the very latest from Andy Crows videos, the last one I saw he said he was waiting for the nod to show them officially but that was the last I saw. I will buy a box of this very latest if for no other reason than to cut one open and compare the components !