vauxhall combo van

Paddy Galore!

Hi chaps, my van has decided to pack up, it's an ex post office, 1.3 cdti combi van, and I need some advice, basically it starts with the help of a whiff of easy start and then runs well, but the beggar won't start without the chemical assistance, I've done the fuel filter and am now at a loss. any ideas what next to try and how much it'll cost will be greatly appreciated,

ta,

Paddy

I've had a similar thing when it wouldn't start without easy start.

Turned out to be an injector leaking back badly and dropping the rail pressure too low but when easy start started it the increased speed of the pump raised the rail pressure enough for it to start and run normally but with the return pipes disconnected from the injectors there was a lot of fuel squirting from the faulty injectors return.

Edited by defender

I've got exactly the same type van too and ex post off I had a none start issue with it a year ago it would crank over fine but not start it was down to the fuel pump relay when key on a couldn't hear the low pressure fuel pump doing its 3 second prime traced fault back to the contacts in relay worn out

I've got exactly the same type van too and ex post off I had a none start issue with it a year ago it would crank over fine but not start it was down to the fuel pump relay when key on a couldn't hear the low pressure fuel pump doing its 3 second prime traced fault back to the contacts in relay worn out

Hi db, can you tell me which relay it was? I don't have a manual to hand so everything I do is guesswork. I've had a gander, got it code read, there's very low pressure in the rail on start up, no where near enough to crack open the injectors, but at £250 a time I think I might end up scrapping it if it turns out to be injectors, the pump is another £790! Christ it never rains but pours round here :sad1:

A will try and up load a pic of me pointing to it on my van. When you put ignition on you should hear a squelch as the low pressure fuel pump does a prime

Send your email address as a carnt seem to up load a pic off me phone

ah yes! that funny squelch lol! I think that bit is working then :lol: I reckon i'll try to source a pump and injectors from a scrapyard, worth a try at least. I did find a place on ebay that rebuilds them though, £280 for all four, just a decent pump to find. thanks for the help though :good: