Fac webley patriot 22

matty thud

Guest stevo

Not owned one but have shot one a few times. From what I remember it was a big old lump. Well made and solid. However shooting beyond 25 yards was tricky sometimes and 40 - 45 yards was more luck than judgement due to recoil. However in better hands than mine I'm sure it could be mastered. I do remember it went like hot snot !! It certainly hard some punch. Can't remember what ft lbs but it had to be around the 25 ft lbs mark.

Edit to say I've just had a look and I see the 33 ft lbs !!!! No wonder it was a sod to break the barrel haha

Edited by stevo

I had one, a beast to **** and a bit heavy and unwieldy.

You would definitely need a scope with an etched glass reticle and a proper job one piece mount with recoil pin to match the gun.

Also get it reliably chronographed prior sale as some low on power.

Would I buy another, personally no unless you plan to fiddle and fettle..

I shot a friends patriot a good few years ago and can still remember the awful recoil and poor trigger, I don't believe the Theoben Eliminator was much better either.

Thank God the patriot was a heavy old thing cause it made you think twice about lifting it out of the cabinet!