Rabbit catch traps

Lloyd90

I use a number of live catch rabbit cages, you dont have to spend a fortune on rabbit traps with strong spring shutting doors, I would recommend you buy simple drop door traps, I use both, and they work very well, and are half the price.

I pre bait them with carrots, then set them, or set them up on the run where it comes through the fence to enter the field to feed, at this point they dont need baited, and catch well.

Bill

Just be aware that, as you stand the trap on its end and reach in for the Rabbit, unless you're quick, it may nip at the back of your hand, latch its claws onto your wrist, run up your arm, across the back of your shoulders, leap several feet to land and bolt off across the field whilst your mates are doubled up laughing :oops:

Only once mind :unhappy:

Just be aware that, as you stand the trap on its end and reach in for the Rabbit, unless you're quick, it may nip at the back of your hand, latch its claws onto your wrist, run up your arm, across the back of your shoulders, leap several feet to land and bolt off across the field whilst your mates are doubled up laughing :oops:

Only once mind :unhappy:

You have been talking to my mate owwee of here. He thinks sheep are as dangerous as killer rabbits

• 3 weeks later...

as kids we would watch the rabbits to suss our the warrens and bolt holes then cut a long briar from the hedge push it down the hole twist it continuously and it would grip the rabbit fur and pull it out works a treat if no briars wild rose or barbed wire will do the job you may need up to 8 to 10 feet long