anesthetic

mel b3

I will not ever have any type of operation without full general anesthetic as i get extreemly aggressive and start hitting people, which is a tad embarresing.. Demand a general. I now store up all my needed proceedures and have them all done when i'm out cold. The surgeons all are very obliging with this so i'm sure i'm not the only one who kicks off, they tell me that a swear like a trooper when i'm under the cosh which still makes me feel ashamed but at least its better than hitting someone. from Auntie.

This is the way to go General Anesthetic every time when I was young I had ingrowing tow nails on both of my big tows the chap gave me some sort of local anesthetic but it hurt like hell when he inserted this cutting thing down the side of my nail to cut the pointed part off.

Like you I was gripping the arms of the chair as hard as I could with sweat poring out of me while the guy was telling me not to be so silly it does not hurt that much but god it did some years later when I had to go into hospital for an opp on my leg.

I got them to sort out my toes the solved the problem by cutting the overlapping skin off so that it never grew back problem solved for good may not look to good but who cares it does not hurt.

Tip,

Those who have problems with dental local anaesthetics.......

The commonest reason for failure of LA is simple; the target nerve supply is not affected by the drug. Typically, the target area is the large nerve supplying the lower jaw, it's surprisingly difficult to hit with total accuracy, and easy to deposit the drug within the surrounding tissue.

Secondly, there may be secondary innervation, another nerve supply to the area.

Let the dentist think you know more than you do. It makes us nervous!

In the lower jaw-

Ask for a "supplemental Long Buccal Nerve block and a lingual infiltration"

In the upper jaw, ask for "an Articaine infiltration, mesially and distally".

Lingual ( pronounced ling-wal) means on the inside, mesial ( meez-ee-ul) means in front, and distal means to the back.

Articaine is a particularly powerful anaesthetic.

Secondly, tell the dentist that you don't mind swapping with the next patient and sitting downstairs for a while.

If he/she asks how you know the jargon, just say your brother, sister, wife is a dentist!

I will not ever have any type of operation without full general anesthetic as i get extreemly aggressive and start hitting people, which is a tad embarresing.. Demand a general. I now store up all my needed proceedures and have them all done when i'm out cold. The surgeons all are very obliging with this so i'm sure i'm not the only one who kicks off, they tell me that a swear like a trooper when i'm under the cosh which still makes me feel ashamed but at least its better than hitting someone. from Auntie.

I am the same,last op i had when i woke up from sinus/broken nose operation my neck was and still does ache like mad,my cousin who is one of the porters came to see me and said i had tried to kill six of em :unhappy: bit worrying given i did full contact karate for 23 years (kykoshinkai)

Tip,

Those who have problems with dental local anaesthetics.......

The commonest reason for failure of LA is simple; the target nerve supply is not affected by the drug. Typically, the target area is the large nerve supplying the lower jaw, it's surprisingly difficult to hit with total accuracy, and easy to deposit the drug within the surrounding tissue.

Secondly, there may be secondary innervation, another nerve supply to the area.

Let the dentist think you know more than you do. It makes us nervous!

In the lower jaw-

Ask for a "supplemental Long Buccal Nerve block and a lingual infiltration"

In the upper jaw, ask for "an Articaine infiltration, mesially and distally".

Lingual ( pronounced ling-wal) means on the inside, mesial ( meez-ee-ul) means in front, and distal means to the back.

Articaine is a particularly powerful anaesthetic.

Secondly, tell the dentist that you don't mind swapping with the next patient and sitting downstairs for a while.

If he/she asks how you know the jargon, just say your brother, sister, wife is a dentist!

Is this the nerve that hurts like hell when they hit it and it charges the syringe with static that cracks of your lip when he removes the syringe.

What's the nice injection that they put through the roof of your mouth, don't hurt much honest. I know it's going to be unbearable when he says this might nip a bit :lol:

Last time I had dental work done, I said I can still feel the tooth your working on, no you can't says her, I nearly jumped out the chair when she tried again, we'll leave that one a bit she then says! Think its cos they want you in and out, I spent the rest of the day dribbling on myself my face was so numb, so think in future I will be saying I will wait outside a bit.

My old fella many years ago used some sort of electric thing at the dentists if you feel any discomfort just turn up the dial said it worked a treat, no idea if there common now?

Last time I had dental work done, I said I can still feel the tooth your working on, no you can't says her, I nearly jumped out the chair when she tried again, we'll leave that one a bit she then says! Think its cos they want you in and out, I spent the rest of the day dribbling on myself my face was so numb, so think in future I will be saying I will wait outside a bit.

My old fella many years ago used some sort of electric thing at the dentists if you feel any discomfort just turn up the dial said it worked a treat, no idea if there common now?

tens machine.wife had this during labour and i was incharge of the pain relief dial,thought this is a gimmick so turned it down :shout: wrong it does work and boy she werent happy as i am still reminded nearly 30 years later :mad: