Child tax credits ?

Wiggum

Does anyone know weather your able to claim child tax credits whilst being self employed?

Whilst employed I never qualified before due to to my salary but my missus asked the question as to if we'd now be able to claim them.

She only works part time and doesn't earn a fortune and with me just starting out working for myself every little helps.

I would have thought so but I think they are based on the previous tax years household income so you might have to wait a year.

Pretty sure you can apply online or at least see what you could claim.

Also money in the bank also comes into

It I believe

All online,it will tell you if you are eligable and there is also a calculator.You could depending on your circumstances be entitled to both CTC and WTC.However with Tax credits migrating over to a Universal Credit you msy falk into one of them areas.The web site will ask you to input your postcode,and you will know immediately if if it's TC or UC.

The website will give you the correct facts.HMRC still manage CTC /WTC, but DWP/JSP run Universal Credit.Ther will be no more CTC/WTC after 2020.

Edited by Davyo