Bahhh!

All my perms are either covered in maize, wheat, potatoes or cattle (I don't like shooting anywhere near them as I nearly got trampled once).

Can't wait for the harvest to start.
The weather is looking a bit dire down this way, so it'll probably be a hectic time when it starts too.

I'm about 80 fox's down so far this year on 1 Estate. I'm going to have to catch up some when the crops are off.

Then around 60 odd down on another. The Rapes was sprayed a week and a half ago,should be off now but after the last bit of rain it put the combines back a week or 2.

One of my fields was Combined Friday before last,unbeknown to me, until I had crossed 2 tall fields of Beans that Saturday armed with my 1890's Hammer Gun and a bag of superlight shells in the hope of catching a few pigeons coming in to roost early. Bloomin field was grey with them so I tucked myself into a small copse and waited. Ten minutes later the first hapless bird made the mistake of flying straight towards me and the cylinder choked Damascus barrel brought him down along with another, with the full choke barrel,seconds afterwards as the birds filled the sky. Using the 2 as decoys I picked up 26 about an hour and a half later - nothing beats pigeon shooting apart from pigeon shooting with a 130 year old English shotgun.

One of my fields was Combined Friday before last,unbeknown to me, until I had crossed 2 tall fields of Beans that Saturday armed with my 1890's Hammer Gun and a bag of superlight shells in the hope of catching a few pigeons coming in to roost early. Bloomin field was grey with them so I tucked myself into a small copse and waited. Ten minutes later the first hapless bird made the mistake of flying straight towards me and the cylinder choked Damascus barrel brought him down along with another, with the full choke barrel,seconds afterwards as the birds filled the sky. Using the 2 as decoys I picked up 26 about an hour and a half later - nothing beats pigeon shooting apart from pigeon shooting with a 130 year old English shotgun.

Go on: rub it in :lol::good:

• 2 weeks later...

Well now here's Karma - after boasting about my last little outing I returned to the same field on the 2nd of this month this time armed with my Damascus barrelled 16g from the early 1900's and soon saw a steady flow of birds in almost the same spot as before and thus set to work shooting under/over/behind or either side of the birds. Some shots were a total surprise and actually hit the pigeon but after about an hour and 30 odd cartridges the birds started to ignore the decoys and, as it was so hot as well, I called it a day - bout 18 birds including those that fell behind into standing crops and a surprisingly sore shoulder and it was into the jalopy and home for me. About 2am the following morning I woke up with what I can only describe as someone sticking a knife in my shoulder and twisting it slowly - pain was unreal. 2 Paramol and 2 codeine phosphates later and the other half was still having to massage the area to distract the pain. So here I am over 10 days later and still don't have full use of my arm, still bloomin hurts and I'm having to wear button front shirts because I cannot lift my arm high enough to slip a T shirt on, this is mental and has never happened to me before :no:

Well now here's Karma - after boasting about my last little outing I returned to the same field on the 2nd of this month this time armed with my Damascus barrelled 16g from the early 1900's and soon saw a steady flow of birds in almost the same spot as before and thus set to work shooting under/over/behind or either side of the birds. Some shots were a total surprise and actually hit the pigeon but after about an hour and 30 odd cartridges the birds started to ignore the decoys and, as it was so hot as well, I called it a day - bout 18 birds including those that fell behind into standing crops and a surprisingly sore shoulder and it was into the jalopy and home for me. About 2am the following morning I woke up with what I can only describe as someone sticking a knife in my shoulder and twisting it slowly - pain was unreal. 2 Paramol and 2 codeine phosphates later and the other half was still having to massage the area to distract the pain. So here I am over 10 days later and still don't have full use of my arm, still bloomin hurts and I'm having to wear button front shirts because I cannot lift my arm high enough to slip a T shirt on, this is mental and has never happened to me before :no:

Man, that's terrible :lol:

No, seriously, hope you mend soon.