Purchasing my fist 4x4 Suzuki grand vitari

farmboy807

Well after so many gears of wanting one and getting stuck in the van do to being a carpenter weight of tools don't help

I'm purshing a 2005 5dr 2.0 petrolsusiki grand vitari

Read up and people seem to think there good so gone for this my question is I never drove or even know bout about 4wd if I'm right is there high low etc

So when where which one do you use

And is it worth getting a pair of chunky tryes for it and which ones please thanks

Had a 2001 model for about 10 years and i think they are brilliant, they have a second hear lever with high and low ratio. I now have a 2010 model and this has a switch to select the low ratio ,I have stuck with the Bridgestone tyres and been fine

High range 4x4 if you think you might get stuck, lo range if you are stuck usually works for me. If you plan on using it off road tyres are more important than anything else. Don't go for the massive knobbly ones if you plan to do much road driving as they will quickly drive you mad with the noise and vibration.

Well after so many gears of wanting one and getting stuck in the van do to being a carpenter weight of tools don't help

I'm purshing a 2005 5dr 2.0 petrolsusiki grand vitari

Read up and people seem to think there good so gone for this my question is I never drove or even know bout about 4wd if I'm right is there high low etc

So when where which one do you use

And is it worth getting a pair of chunky tryes for it and which ones please thanks

Would that be the 2000 to 2005 older type one with a separate chassis or the 2005 to 2009 one without a separate chassis if it is the first one they are very good but do check out underneath as they do tend to rust not had one but I did have a 2000 vitara loved it but it only had a 1400cc engine and I like a bigger engine so I sold it.

Thanks ya will be driving it on motor way to get to most perms

So want some 50/50 so the ones on it would they be fine haven't seen them yet if not which ones to get so 50/50

If you go on here ://www.4site4x4tyres.co.uk/ you can select the type of driving you are most likely to do and it gives you the most suitable tyres. Ice got Yokohama geolandar at/s on my hilux and really rate them

If it's like the Jimny, don't leave it in 4wd on hard surfaces like roads - you'll get transmission wind up.

Why would you do that if it does not have the full time four wheel drive option my jeep has that option but I still only use it in really bad weather my vitara had front locking hubs that you could use to disconnect the drive to the front wheels completely to save were on the drive parts and improve fuel economy.