A47 users & deer

Mr. Merkel

Hi all,

Yesterday I was on the A47 heading towards Brundall, between the A11 slip and the Hertford park and ride slip, on the near side by the layby there is a dead deer, my wife saw it but I missed it (outside lane) she said that it looked like a red deer, on the way back it was nearly dark and there was certainly a large animal there but I could not see it very well, has anyone else seen it and could they confirm if it was a red deer.

Many thanks

Tim

Lots of road kill mainly fallow in my neck of the woods . Norfolk has to many deer and not enough stalkers . Nobody seems to want to shoot them anymore . Talk to a local Bobby a few weeks ago and he told me that the incidences of reported deer collisions was the highest it has ever been . I gave up stalking about a year ago because I didn't like shooting them anymore , but they still need controlling .

Harnser

Saw a red deer hit last week near Kimberly station (Wymondham area) - deer cartwheeled across the other carriageway and ended up wrapped around high hedging. The car which hit it (a Vauxhall Moka) didn't stop even though there must have been a lot of damage (and dirty underwear!!). For reasons too complicated to explain, I couldn't stop either but followed the car for a couple of miles before it turned off. Made my heart race as I was expecting a bit of a pile up as there was quite a bit of traffic travelling at speed.