Hatsan AT44 10 shot

Holmesy961

Hello

My brother has just bought the above air rifle and we are having problems charging the cylinder.

We were using it to get the scope set up today and once the pressure got to say between 100 and 75 bar, a hissing noise started and after around 5 minutes, the cyclinder was empty.

When trying to charge it up using a high pressure hand pump, air is coming straight through and out of the barrel, everything is set up on the gun as it should for charging.

Can anyone help or know of any fixes?

Have you tried it from a bottle?

AirArms say - If you are filling your rifle from empty there may be some air exhausted through the barrel until the air pressure is sufficient to over come the firing valve spring (S306) this will happen at approximately 50 bar (750psi).

It maybe because you are using a hand pump the amount of air put in pumping constantly is not quick enough to close the valve?

Try it after you have cocked it, failing that i bet a fill from a bottle first will do the trick - your gun shop should be able to do it

Have you tried it from a bottle?

AirArms say - If you are filling your rifle from empty there may be some air exhausted through the barrel until the air pressure is sufficient to over come the firing valve spring (S306) this will happen at approximately 50 bar (750psi).

It maybe because you are using a hand pump the amount of air put in pumping constantly is not quick enough to close the valve?

Try it after you have cocked it, failing that i bet a fill from a bottle first will do the trick - your gun shop should be able to do it

I must admit I didn'know that,but there again it was filled in the shop when I bought it New.

Cracking gun..

.22 by the way.