What should you do when your licence is full

ironhorse

Question on a shotgun licence obviously you list guns you own on the pages provided with the licence, Now my mate has bought and sold a few guns since he last renewed his licence, and has now used up all the room on guns owned pages, so should he now want to buy another gun he has no page to put down the particulars, My question is what should he do in regards to keeping up his records on his licence, he tried to get hold of our local fire arms officer but unfortunately he’s on holiday for 3 weeks, can anyone put us right on this.

I've had this. You need to send your SGC in and they will give you a new blank sheet of boxes.

Some people will advocate simply writing details of new guns on a blank sheet of paper and stapling it to your SGC. Don't do that.

In Lincolnshire you send it back and they print you out a new one, They will not let you enter a gun on your cert unless you have an unused box on your ticket.

Just send it in. It really is not a big issue. Mine took a week. Same as most other county.

Either way I would tell you mate to get confirmation before he does owt , and for the record he does not have to talk to his FEO . Anyone in the dept can advise him.

In Lincolnshire you send it back and they print you out a new one, They will not let you enter a gun on your cert unless you have an unused box on your ticket.

Just send it in. It really is not a big issue. Mine took a week. Same as most other county.

Either way I would tell you mate to get confirmation before he does owt , and for the record he does not have to talk to his FEO . Anyone in the dept can advise him.

Shotguns not rifles...