Rottweil 36grams no. 6

I use Waidmannsheil in 6 (5 1/2) and they are a very good shell,are they better than Hull High pheasant extreme 1 1/4 oz ? probably not from my experience. If you want a really good 1 1/4oz load,then try RC JK6 T5 but they are for magnum proofed guns only! I use them through an AYA No2 magnum and they work very well.

I use Waidmannsheil in 6 (5 1/2) and they are a very good shell,are they better than Hull High pheasant extreme 1 1/4 oz ? probably not from my experience. If you want a really good 1 1/4oz load,then try RC JK6 T5 but they are for magnum proofed guns only! I use them through an AYA No2 magnum and they work very well.

You an use JK6 36g through any 70mm gun

Nope - muzzle velocities above. I like 1200fps at the muzzle. Lots of people think 1500 is better... :hmm:

because people don bother knowing the phisycs ....

some think loads of big pellets will do anything....even taking down these satellites that sometime coross our fields :lol:

70 yds is an outrageous shot; even if stone dead you'll have to walk a long distance to get it back to the hide LOL

Edited by Continental Shooter

Guest cookoff013

This reminds me of an encounter.

A guy wanted to shoot rabbits, applies for licence, gets licence. friend sells him shells for rabbit shooting. the classic "7 'n 'alf D&J". at a highly inflated price. nearly double.

The guy cant understand why they are not effective.

The guy then applies for FAC rated shotgun, to make the cartridges hit harder. friend sells him the same D&J shells. same results.

when i caught up with the guy he hand the foggiest idea what the shells were and whats in them and what was happening. his cartridge usage was "very high" and the results were of bare minimum.

i chatted to the guy for a while to see what he was doing. he went through the stating that shotguns are "really weak" and that he would be better off with something "way" more powerful.

after teasing it out of him what shells he was using and the cost, he could have shot pure gold shells for the same money.

i ended up buying a box of shells and throwing him a bunch of shells that i had.

as i have done before with a lot of reloading lessons, cut them open to show the guys the pellets.

the guy was shocked, that his shooting friend did him over, he wasted money on FAC, to shoot 7nhalfs and a highly inflated price and didnt realide the differences between shells.

whilst i did give him some shells to try, 2s- 4s big load of 4s and some 42g BBs.

whilst you dont need the aforementioned to shoot rabbits, it produced better results.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, dodeer said:

I just bought some old 70/80’s Rottweil Nickeltrap 32g 7.5’s and shot Pheasants with them last week to very good affect.

Slow and steady and no recoil compared to modern day hyper loads

This is one reason i reload much of my ammo, you get exactly what you want not what you can get.   Today shooting brings with it enough compromises eliminating one of them i believe  is a small step in the right direction.